Reef bright xho question.

SrtNate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I hope I posted in the right area. I have a question on color pop on my corals I feel light I don’t have enough color glow from them as many others I see do on their pictures and videos.

I have a AquaticLife 72” 6x2 build set up all ati t5
Blue plus
Coral plus
Actinic plus
Blue plus
Purple plus
Actinic plus

I wanted to add a reef bright XHO 72” all blue but I can’t seem to find any pictures that would help me decide on if I should get the all blue or the 50/50. I plan on just having it on when my white site of lights turn off only just for the color to me a lot more noticeable.

Thank you for your help in advance.

I don’t have a good photo of my tank my iPhone doesn’t take good pictures of the blue lights it’s over powered in the iPhone. In person it’s not to much blue or white to my eye but it is more on the blue side.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I hope I posted in the right area. I have a question on color pop on my corals I feel light I don’t have enough color glow from them as many others I see do on their pictures and videos.

I have a AquaticLife 72” 6x2 build set up all ati t5
Blue plus
Coral plus
Actinic plus
Blue plus
Purple plus
Actinic plus

I wanted to add a reef bright XHO 72” all blue but I can’t seem to find any pictures that would help me decide on if I should get the all blue or the 50/50. I plan on just having it on when my white site of lights turn off only just for the color to me a lot more noticeable.

Thank you for your help in advance.

I don’t have a good photo of my tank my iPhone doesn’t take good pictures of the blue lights it’s over powered in the iPhone. In person it’s not to much blue or white to my eye but it is more on the blue side.
Following. I have the exact same question.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you run it with all 6 t5 bulbs on you'll notice some pop, run it with only 2 t5 bulbs on way more pop, no t5s on = blacklight grateful dead poster. I would strongly recommend purchasing the dimmer too though because the xho is a powerful fixture and you need to acclimate your corals too it. I have a similar power led bar from 21ledusa and never run it above 50% anyway. I only use it at night for an actinic pop viewing session when only 2 t5s are on (ati true actinic) and shortly after when it's the only thing on. BTW my tank is 24" deep too.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And finally, check out sbreef sbar actinic supplement bar. It is much cheaper (especially if going 72") and includes a few 420nm actinic leds. The only downside imo is the mounting brackets require you to screw into the fixture instead of using existing holes in it like reefbrite. Plus side is that you could get away with using the 60" in that case since you are screwing into the fixture anyway. I'm not sure they sell 60 or 72 but I imagine that they do.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I just realized you had aquatic life not ati sunpower so ignore my comments about mounting options, have no idea for your fixture.

OP
OP
SrtNate

SrtNate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I just realized you had aquatic life not ati sunpower so ignore my comments about mounting options, have no idea for your fixture.
Awesome thank you very much I’ll be checking out the other fixture and will be getting the blue

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back