Reef Brite 24" Tech Blue strip with T5 supplementation

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wilsoni
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Wilsoni

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
994
Reaction score
740
Location
Salt Lake City, UT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently running a Kessil A160 over my 20g IM Fusion nano which is LPS biased. The Kessil is doing a great job at keeping everything alive and colored up but I'm not noticing significant growth. I know patience is a virtue but I think Kessil lights can either be hit or miss. Some corals will thrive under them where others only survive.

With that being said, I'm hoping to convert my lighting to a T5/LED combo. I would like to purchase a Reef Brite 24" tech blue strip and add dual HO T5's for supplementation. My vision is to have a slim/low profile setup but I'm finding that dual bulb T5 HO fixtures are quite limited. I would love to have a dual ATI fixture with Reef Brite LEDs, although I know that their smallest fixture is a quad bulb unit.


My questions are:

1) Are their any great dual T5 HO fixtures comparable to ATI on the market?
2) Is a quad bulb ATI fixture going to be extreme over a 20g nano?
3) What will be needed to dim the intensity of the Reef Brites from my Apex unit?


I'm hoping to only run the T5's for 2-4 hours per day but I'm quite unsure as to what I will need to accomplish this. Any help will be much appreciated (:
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new