Reef Brite Reef Enhance Grows Pods Like Crazy

Moe K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been battling LCA dinos for a few months now. I ran out of live phyto almost a month ago but since then I have been dosing my tank with Reef Brite Reef Enhance about 2 or 3 times a week. I have to say I am super impressed. My pod population exploded. I see maybe 1 pod to 1 grain of sand on the top layer at night. Also today was the first day I looked under the scope to try an find a dino and could not find any. I have been dosing silicates and have diatoms also for the dino fight but I had a noticeable increase in pods before the diatoms kicked into gear and only a week after I started using this stuff. I dose at lights out and turn off ALL flow. Wavemakers and return pump off for at least 20-30 mins.

Anyone else use Reef Enhance?

Borderline infestation :grinning-face-with-sweat:

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it on a tank and there are an insane amount of copepods in that tank. It's like a live wallpaper.

OP
OP
Moe K

Moe K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it on a tank and there are an insane amount of copepods in that tank. It's like a live wallpaper.

This stuff seems to be underrated and not talked about much. I am so glad I found it because honestly I was getting tired of buying live phyto. I have months and months supply in one little jar for the pods with this.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You c
This stuff seems to be underrated and not talked about much. I am so glad I found it because honestly I was getting tired of buying live phyto. I have months and months supply in one little jar for the pods with this.
You can also use spirulina for pods but in raises phosphates like crazy ime.

OP
OP
Moe K

Moe K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not noticed a big change either way in nutrients with reef enhance. Phyto sure does reduce po4 which is a nice benefit but not if you are trying to keep them elevated to fight dinos.

fryman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the magnification in this video? Copepods have a very particular movement. It's kinda blurry but those look like amphipods to me.

OP
OP
Moe K

Moe K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the magnification in this video? Copepods have a very particular movement. It's kinda blurry but those look like amphipods to me.
That is a 2x zoom macro with the iphone I believe. I did introduce amphipods to the system but also a lot of tisbe pods. Reading about tisbe pods, they also like to stay on/in the substrate but I am not sure if they get that large as in the video.

OP
OP
Moe K

Moe K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amphipods it is then! Fist full of them too. Might be what is knocking down my dinos.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 138 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 111 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back