Reef brite. When do you guys turn them on?

bozo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey guys

I have a 35L x 20W x 13H tank.

I currently have 2 XR15 G6s over the tank. Both with RMS mounts.

I recently bought 2 x 24 in XHO reef brites and mounted 1 reef brite to both XR15 using the XHO Radion mount. I'll mount the other one when my growth requires it.

I'm currently running the XR15s on AB+ mode from 9 AM to 9 PM

When should I turn on the reef brite and for how long? I feel like these are used just to show off the colors. They dont seem like they would do much for growth.

Also I cant even tell that its on when both XR15s are on mid day. So I suspect no one uses them during the day?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys

I have a 35L x 20W x 13H tank.

I currently have 2 XR15 G6s over the tank. Both with RMS mounts.

I recently bought 2 x 24 in XHO reef brites and mounted 1 reef brite to both XR15 using the XHO Radion mount. I'll mount the other one when my growth requires it.

I'm currently running the XR15s on AB+ mode from 9 AM to 9 PM

When should I turn on the reef brite and for how long? I feel like these are used just to show off the colors. They dont seem like they would do much for growth.

Also I cant even tell that its on when both XR15s are on mid day. So I suspect no one uses them during the day?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
I have a few on two tanks, and they definitely do something, check with a par meter they add quite a bit of light, your eyes play tricks on you when it comes to light output it's very hard to judge what's going on especially with leds.

OP
OP
bozo

bozo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a few on two tanks, and they definitely do something, check with a par meter they add quite a bit of light, your eyes play tricks on you when it comes to light output it's very hard to judge what's going on especially with leds.
Thanks for your response!

What is your lighting schedule for the reefbrites?

I should add the 2nd reef bright then!

Thanks!

Biojay16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently added RB to my XR15s i also run the AB+ template with a couple adjustments for my visual liking . My Radions turn on at 12:00 and power off at 23:30 i control the RB's through my Apex which turns em on 1 hour after the Radions turn on and turns off the RB one hour before the lights shut off. Definitely increases PAR and spread. Good luck

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I turn my Reef Brites on about a 1/2 before and leave them on for a 1/2 hour after the main lights.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 154 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.2%
Back