Reef brite. When do you guys turn them on?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bozo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bozo

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 19, 2015
Messages
522
Reaction score
150
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey guys

I have a 35L x 20W x 13H tank.

I currently have 2 XR15 G6s over the tank. Both with RMS mounts.

I recently bought 2 x 24 in XHO reef brites and mounted 1 reef brite to both XR15 using the XHO Radion mount. I'll mount the other one when my growth requires it.

I'm currently running the XR15s on AB+ mode from 9 AM to 9 PM

When should I turn on the reef brite and for how long? I feel like these are used just to show off the colors. They dont seem like they would do much for growth.

Also I cant even tell that its on when both XR15s are on mid day. So I suspect no one uses them during the day?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
 
Hey guys

I have a 35L x 20W x 13H tank.

I currently have 2 XR15 G6s over the tank. Both with RMS mounts.

I recently bought 2 x 24 in XHO reef brites and mounted 1 reef brite to both XR15 using the XHO Radion mount. I'll mount the other one when my growth requires it.

I'm currently running the XR15s on AB+ mode from 9 AM to 9 PM

When should I turn on the reef brite and for how long? I feel like these are used just to show off the colors. They dont seem like they would do much for growth.

Also I cant even tell that its on when both XR15s are on mid day. So I suspect no one uses them during the day?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
I have a few on two tanks, and they definitely do something, check with a par meter they add quite a bit of light, your eyes play tricks on you when it comes to light output it's very hard to judge what's going on especially with leds.
 
I have a few on two tanks, and they definitely do something, check with a par meter they add quite a bit of light, your eyes play tricks on you when it comes to light output it's very hard to judge what's going on especially with leds.
Thanks for your response!

What is your lighting schedule for the reefbrites?

I should add the 2nd reef bright then!

Thanks!
 
Recently added RB to my XR15s i also run the AB+ template with a couple adjustments for my visual liking . My Radions turn on at 12:00 and power off at 23:30 i control the RB's through my Apex which turns em on 1 hour after the Radions turn on and turns off the RB one hour before the lights shut off. Definitely increases PAR and spread. Good luck
 
I turn my Reef Brites on about a 1/2 before and leave them on for a 1/2 hour after the main lights.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new