Reef Chasers Grand Opening Sale 20% Off All Corals

ReefChasers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ReefChasersWebsiteSlide2.jpg

Hey guys! We are a new aquaculture facility located in the South East in the great state of Tennessee. Our primary focus is on the cultivation and propagation of corals, but we are also working on breeding certain species of marine fish as well as cultivating various strains of live, dense phytoplankton that is currently available for purchase weekly! We are producing 20 gallons of phytoplankton per week but have the capacity to produce a LOT more! Buy more, save more with our in-house feed products!

Sooner rather than later we plan to offer all manner of reef-safe marine fish on our website as well. We have been developing robust and trustworthy quarantine protocols, procedures and treatments to insure that any livestock that pass through our facility receive the utmost care during their stay. At the moment, our primary Coral System is online but we are still in the process of bringing up our primary Fish QT and primary Fish Holding systems. We are in fact working on those as we speak so we are excited to bring reef-safe species of marine fish to you soon!

We are also experimenting with different feed products and dosing additives for our own systems and even developing some of our own in house feeds like our Reef Candy Dry-Powder. We are also developing iodine, rubidium, zinc, strontium supplements -- honestly nothing new or earth shattering here, but hopefully we can bring these products directly to consumers for a lot less then other leading brands. We are also hopeful to develop a helpful all-in-one dosing solution that can help maintain and supplement trace elements for the hobbyist. As a company, we have experience in the manufacture, production and compounding of various chemicals and substances and we hope to leverage that skillset to bring some affordable supplements and feeds directly to the consumer. This is a long term goal and it's something that will take time and testing to develop and get right, but we're excited to be on the journey!

In the mean time, we invite you to join us for our 20% off Grand Opening Coral sale @ reefchasers.com. The discount will be automatically applied to items in your cart -- we'll be running this through August as we introduce ourselves to the world and start the official launch of our website! Livestock orders always ship free if they are $250 or more, and don't be afraid to check out our Live Phytoplankton we have fresh harvests rolling weekly!

We look forward to providing you with awesome reef livestock, feeds and supplements for many years to come!

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just browsing your site and perhaps I missed it but do you have a sizing guide? I see where the coral say medium or medium large, etc. However, that can vary greatly between vendors, especially with Euphyllias. It may help, at least for torches/Frogs/hammers to list the number of heads and for other corals, something like small = 1-5 polyps (zoas) or 1-2 inches, medium = 5-20 polyps (zoas) or 2-5” or whatever the closest range May be. If you have that and I missed it, I do apologize.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice! Ill work on honing the sizes but I could see that being difficult to be "accurate" and also well maintained. If it says Medium or Large (rather than inches) its a sizeable piece. These are usually the denotions given to us by wholesalers when we buy and bring larger colonies in.

In actuality I dont know if "1 polyp" or "1 head" is the best solution especially with euphyllia only because there can be teeny tiny single headed hammers or quite sizeable ones and with the walling stuff, its right out the window. Of course if something had many heads in the case of a branching type I would denote that for sure.

Accurately cataloging and maintaining 1000s of live animals will probably the most difficult task of all (and we thought the tanks would be tough!) but hopefully we can make it the best it can be!

In the mean time if you have any question about a specific item feel free to message me and I will do my best to give you the most accurate details possible!
Completely understandable. I appreciate the follow up.

OP
OP
ReefChasers

ReefChasers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice! Ill work on honing the sizes but I could see that being difficult to be "accurate" and also well maintained. If it says Medium or Large (rather than inches) its a sizeable piece. These are usually the denotions given to us by wholesalers when we buy and bring larger colonies in.

In actuality I dont know if "1 polyp" or "1 head" is the best solution especially with euphyllia only because there can be teeny tiny single headed hammers or quite sizeable ones and with the walling stuff, its right out the window. Of course if something had many heads in the case of a branching type I would denote that for sure.

Accurately cataloging and maintaining 1000s of live animals will probably the most difficult task of all (and we thought the tanks would be tough!) but hopefully we can make it the best it can be!

In the mean time if you have any question about a specific item feel free to message me and I will do my best to give you the most accurate details possible!

OP
OP
ReefChasers

ReefChasers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where exactly in TN? I’m in Chattanooga. Do you do local pickup?
Yes we are based out of Cleveland so we are pretty close by! We are planning to do local pickups for sure but right now we are still semi-under construction so its sort of by appointment only. If you shop online you will see an "in store pickup" option during checkout. We would prefer to try and keep the local pickups to one day a week though but its all pretty flexible at the moment since we are just getting started

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back