reef cleaners.org Warranty

eternalsea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if anyone else had problems with the arrive alive warranty from reef cleaners? I ordered 60 bucks worth of stuff and when it arrived. At least three of the chitons where dead and some cheriths and several empty shells. Now I had ordered 50 cherishes and did not count exact number but when asked about the chitons he just said he probably threw in a few cherishes and that should cover?
Yet if I had wanted more cheriths, I would have ordered them? Has anyone ever used their warranty before?

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a DOA from Reef Cleaners last fall....4 days is too long in the mail....not his fault, plus a couple of missing items. I took pictures at bagging and contacted that day and he credited for the missing/dead snails and I believe some of the shipping.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, John is great. I usually have a couple of deaths (when ordering a large package) but I've never bothered him about it since I always receive more creatures than I ordered

GabeM

King of... something.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are happy with the extra ceriths then take it. If you are not tell him that you really wanted the chitons and he will likely credit you. I lost about 1/2 my hermits in the last shipment and he credited me. Seems like a good guy and will work with you as long as you have fair expectations and communicate them properly.

SeaJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys quarantine his stuff? I need to get some cuc in my tank ASAP so I was hoping to be able to order from someone who doesn’t have their product with fish so I don’t have to worry about skipping quarantine and having ich or velvet hitchhike it’s way in.

Fishko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys quarantine his stuff? I need to get some cuc in my tank ASAP so I was hoping to be able to order from someone who doesn’t have their product with fish so I don’t have to worry about skipping quarantine and having ich or velvet hitchhike it’s way in.
I remember i bought a 29g cuc from him and a porcelain crab. I didnt qt, just didnt add any of his water. I would honestly put the florida cerith snails in a oberservation tank so they start moving before something eats them. Only 3 survived for me cause the rest were eaten. But they all arived alive

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if anyone else had problems with the arrive alive warranty from reef cleaners? I ordered 60 bucks worth of stuff and when it arrived. At least three of the chitons where dead and some cheriths and several empty shells. Now I had ordered 50 cherishes and did not count exact number but when asked about the chitons he just said he probably threw in a few cherishes and that should cover?
Yet if I had wanted more cheriths, I would have ordered them? Has anyone ever used their warranty before?
I’ve never had to use his “warranty”. I called him a few days after I got the shipment because all three of the chitons I ordered were suicidal lol he refunded me immediately. His dwarf ceriths were....horny. I have hundreds of babies in the tank lol
Empty shells are normal, I use them for my hermits

It’s weird your having issues with him, he’s always been on the “reefer” side as opposed to like coral places where you have to jump through hoops to get a refund.

Fishbird

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered after specifically checking if I could get a small number of each of the species I wanted. We had an email conversation where he said that would work fine. When my package arrived I had about 50 extra snails. I emailed to ask if he would take them back and pay for shipping, since we'd had a whole conversation about the numbers that I wanted and he said I should just donate them to a local LFS. My local LFS doesn't take livestock. I know a lot of people like having tons and tons of snails but I don't. I don't want my snails to starve, die, and create more nutrient problems. Plus, my snails are animals that I'm taking care of too. I realize that there are a lot of people who would consider 50 extra snails to be a bonus, but I won't be ordering from him again. I also got a large snail with a hole in its shell. The snail is alive but I ordered two of them, and they are an inch in diameter, and I feel like if you're taking the time to pack two large snails you could and should skip sending one with a large hole in the shell.

creativeballance

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No QT. I believe his tanks are invert only.

I've had 3 orders with him, and 0 problems.

Drendo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, John is great. I usually have a couple of deaths (when ordering a large package) but I've never bothered him about it since I always receive more creatures than I ordered
Same here. I just suffered some loss but I’m not going to worry about it since he usually includes more than what’s ordered.

SeaJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No QT. I believe his tanks are invert only.

I've had 3 orders with him, and 0 problems.
Same here. I just suffered some loss but I’m not going to worry about it since he usually includes more than what’s ordered.
Thanks. Placed my order yesterday and got an email from him letting me know when they’d ship. Seems like good old fashioned customer service to me.

Alan_J_MN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Placed my order yesterday and got an email from him letting me know when they’d ship. Seems like good old fashioned customer service to me.
Yep. John’s customer service is awesome. And he seems to always send extras. My order included 60 dwarf ceriths. I estimate I got about 80. Apparently I’m now breeding them as I now Seem to have around 150-200.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back