Reef Dose 2 Red Sea

Coronus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all,
Anyone using this dosing pump? Looks pretty awesome with WIFI and Controllability!
The app looks easy to navigate!

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not, but RedSea appears to have relatively reliable products. Give her a go and report back with your experiences!

burton14e7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the ReefDose and have been working with support for the past couple days as I found out after the fact that it does not work with the 5.0ghz wifi band and of course my wifi router is 5.0ghz. So I can only use it in offline mode which, for me, defeats the whole purpose of buying it. I should have just bought another Apex DOS and stayed within the Apex environment. Their solution is to split out the SSIDs on my router for each band which I'm personally not willing to do. I wish a wifi device introduced in 2021 wasn't stuck in the past. My 3 star review on a popular e-commerce site didn't make it past moderation for some reason. I think potential buyers should know of this limitation.

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a more of a Kamoer fan, but if you want the
RedSea pump I'm sure it will be fine too.

OP
OP
Coronus

Coronus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I purchased the ReefDose and have been working with support for the past couple days as I found out after the fact that it does not work with the 5.0ghz wifi band and of course my wifi router is 5.0ghz. So I can only use it in offline mode which, for me, defeats the whole purpose of buying it. I should have just bought another Apex DOS and stayed within the Apex environment. Their solution is to split out the SSIDs on my router for each band which I'm personally not willing to do. I wish a wifi device introduced in 2021 wasn't stuck in the past. My 3 star review on a popular e-commerce site didn't make it past moderation for some reason. I think potential buyers should know of this limitation.
I am glad you posted this before I opened it. I will check my router………what do you mean the review didn’t make it past moderation?

burton14e7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am glad you posted this before I opened it. I will check my router………what do you mean the review didn’t make it past moderation?
When you post a review on said e-commerce site it is just submitted for review before they allow everybody to see it. My review hasn't shown up yet so I'm guessing they didn't want me letting people know. It wasn't worded badly or anything, just the facts, so I don't know why they didn't allow it to be posted.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back