reef energy and feeding

Strappdpiggy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 30, 2015
Messages
387
Reaction score
172
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does any one use Red Sea reef energy A and B and what results have you seen, also should I continue feeding reefRoids and Coral frenzy once or twice a week or stop and only use the A and B? All thoughts are welcome thank you!
 
I like feeding reef energy because I feel like I'm not pullout inch my tank. But I also feed pretty heavy.
 
Does any one use Red Sea reef energy A and B and what results have you seen, also should I continue feeding reefRoids and Coral frenzy once or twice a week or stop and only use the A and B? All thoughts are welcome thank you!

A&B are mainly amino's & vitamins, while the others are more of a "solid" food form.
Different results.

Most people will dose the amino's to get polyp reaction & then add the foods.
 
I agree with chefjpaul, they are for different needs. I also use energy A&B. As far as recommending it to others, I would say it depends on your system. The systems which can benefit most from it are ultra low nutrient.
 
I agree with chefjpaul, they are for different needs. I also use energy A&B. As far as recommending it to others, I would say it depends on your system. The systems which can benefit most from it are ultra low nutrient.
I keep only lps ( acans and chalice) so I don't mind keeping a high nutrient tank, so I think I will stop using A and B when I run out
 
I tried it for about 9 months on an LPS tank, didn't notice much with corals, only a bit more brown film on glass. -But I was also not very consistent in using either.
 
Reef Energy should really be used with Nopox.
It's a decent food source that's super low in po4, but again, it's really there to compliment nopox and keep nitrates in the system.
It is however a full all-in-one food. Only food source I put in my tank by a doser. (sometimes I'll use nutricell, but not on a schedule)
 
I did end up feeding yesterday and I have not seen my corals that happy in a while, I did do a personnel concoction so my corals ate like it was thankgiving, I think I will discontinue using A&B, it is a great product but not for a LPS dominate tank were nutrients are somewhat higher than a SPS tank, at least for me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new