Reef Factory kH Keeper Plus - Tweaking

LittleMaui

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2016
Messages
443
Reaction score
148
Location
Portland, Oregon
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello, I recently setup a new kH Keeper Plus, including the 1:9 concentrated solution, pH probe calibration and pump calibrations. Everything seemed to go well. I've run the tester every 4 hours for a few days and get consistent results with slight anticipated swings and changes when adding ALK solution to tank. However, my readings seem high compared to a Hanna tester and Salifert test. Included below are my most recent results. Any suggestions how to tweak the Keeper?

Hanna Result: 7.6
Salifert Result: 7.7
Keeper Plus: 7.94

Reagent
Salifert Reagent: .50
Salifert using Keeper Reagent: .48 (should be .46 based on chart)

Screenshot_20240726_104709.png
 
Last time I saw a post like this the RHF Chemistry guy came along and posted that dKH will change with salinity. I don't know if this is impacting your reporting?

I also don't have a ReefKeeper so I can't give you any additional help except this bump.
 
Hello, I recently setup a new kH Keeper Plus, including the 1:9 concentrated solution, pH probe calibration and pump calibrations. Everything seemed to go well. I've run the tester every 4 hours for a few days and get consistent results with slight anticipated swings and changes when adding ALK solution to tank. However, my readings seem high compared to a Hanna tester and Salifert test. Included below are my most recent results. Any suggestions how to tweak the Keeper?

Hanna Result: 7.6
Salifert Result: 7.7
Keeper Plus: 7.94

Reagent
Salifert Reagent: .50
Salifert using Keeper Reagent: .48 (should be .46 based on chart)

Screenshot_20240726_104709.png
Don't sweat it - it's only 0.3 which is unimportant.

If the difference bothers you use the calibration in the Khk+ to adjust to match the Salifert test.

At the end of the day, the actual number is not important - keeping the number consistent is more important.
 
@gbroadbridge thanks for the reply. I noticed an area in the settings to make adjustments. I wasn't certain whether that only changes the current test result or future results by the changed amount?
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20240727_140136.png
    Screenshot_20240727_140136.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 76
@gbroadbridge thanks for the reply. I noticed an area in the settings to make adjustments. I wasn't certain whether that only changes the current test result or future results by the changed amount?
It shifts future measurements by that offset.

It does not affect the current or previous result.

So, simply enter the result from Salifert taken at the same time, and the next measurement should match the Salifert.
 
Hello, another question regarding the KH keeper. How do I test the magnet stirrer? Anyone know where to find replacements?
 
Last edited:
Hello, I recently setup a new kH Keeper Plus, including the 1:9 concentrated solution, pH probe calibration and pump calibrations. Everything seemed to go well. I've run the tester every 4 hours for a few days and get consistent results with slight anticipated swings and changes when adding ALK solution to tank. However, my readings seem high compared to a Hanna tester and Salifert test. Included below are my most recent results. Any suggestions how to tweak the Keeper?

Hanna Result: 7.6
Salifert Result: 7.7
Keeper Plus: 7.94

Reagent
Salifert Reagent: .50
Salifert using Keeper Reagent: .48 (should be .46 based on chart)

Screenshot_20240726_104709.png
i had the same question. during testing I discovered that the concentrated reagent when diluted is thinner than the ready-to-use reagent. so you have to fix it in the app and nothing else. only the ready-to-use reagent corresponds to the diagram
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new