Reef Factory Smart roller jamming all the time...

afboundguy

acanaholic
View Badges
Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
1,310
Reaction score
822
Location
MA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a small RF Smart Roller setup for almost a week now and I keep getting notifications that it is jamming several times a day. I just keep hitting restart in the app and it goes away. Am I doing something wrong? I have the max water level slightly lower than the line as I read having it slightly lower is better than higher but I can't see that causing this issue.
 
If the fleece is routed correctly there should be no reason for a jam. The fact resetting it and not clearing a jam and it goes back to normal for a while makes me think it's setting false alerts. I would try reaching out to the manufacturer or vendor for assistance or warranty replacement.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new