Reef Factory smart roller question...

afboundguy

acanaholic
View Badges
Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
1,326
Reaction score
827
Location
MA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased an Reef Factory Smart Roller S for a price I couldn't resist and I have it added to the app but the motor won't turn when I try and manually lift up the float switch and the light is on on the motor. I have it set to automatic in the app and curious if I am missing something?

I was able to manually move the motor through the app and when I hit the manual button on the motor.
PXL_20260216_190333693.jpg
 
Have you tried getting into contact with reef factory?
 
Any update on this? I just picked up a Smart Roller M for my UNS, and the float switch is not working to trigger the motor.

I manually tested the float at first with no luck, and then thought maybe it needed to be submerged in water to activate, so I tried testing it in a cup of water. It still does not trigger the motor at all. Did you ever find a fix for yours, or did you have to get a replacement sensor?

Thanks
 
Any update on this? I just picked up a Smart Roller M for my UNS, and the float switch is not working to trigger the motor.

I manually tested the float at first with no luck, and then thought maybe it needed to be submerged in water to activate, so I tried testing it in a cup of water. It still does not trigger the motor at all. Did you ever find a fix for yours, or did you have to get a replacement sensor?

Thanks
I'm actually in the process of upgrading my tanks and plan to swap out my medium to the large and plan to try doing this with the medium one first as the tester...
 
I know this is an old thread, but I had the same issue when I got mine a long while ago.

In the app, what is your start delay set to? Try setting it to zero and then test the float switch.

Mine is set at one minute. The float switch basically has to be in the up position for one minute before the roll will advance.

This is so you won’t waste the roll upon start up of your return pump and gives your sump time to settle to the right height.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new