Reef Flare Pro Programs

NoFeedback

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Reef Flare Pro M lights over my 120G reef tank. The default program is a little odd. Has anyone found any user programs that are more interesting and perhaps, ideally, mimic moonlight? They definitely have the opportunity to create a dynamic moonlight app extension but that might be too much to ask right now.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by "a little odd"? :) ... and what would make the program more "interesting"?

You're looking at growing corals, right?

Several users have shared their programs such as the British Reef Dork youtuber.

OP
OP
N

NoFeedback

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by "a little odd"? :) ... and what would make the program more "interesting"?

You're looking at growing corals, right?

Several users have shared their programs such as the British Reef Dork youtuber.
Yes, growing corals.

I consider it odd because it has an overall intensity slider for all LEDs but then the default program only turns the LEDs to a max of ~40% with other colors being less. So right out of the box, you have to rescale the brightest one to 100% and proportionately change all others to keep the default color blend, which seems decent. They should all be normalized to 100% and then the overall slider could default to 50%, or thereabouts.

I've seen Reef Dork but thought there might be others. Moonlight would need to be a dynamic app since it changes in timing and intensity every day.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back