Reef Frenzy & Probiotics?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NanaReefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I don't know exactly what the substance is but I've tried several remedies to get rid of it all to no avail.
It's been an on going issue for 2 plus years. At first I thought Diatoms but after the first year I figured no. Then I thought Cyano, treated with ChemiClean, no effect. Then I feared Dinoflagellates but it looks nothing like the Dino's I've ever seen.
I removed substrate completely from one corner added about 2 cups of newly rinsed sand, within a week the new sand showed signs of this stuff and a week after that it was covered in it.
It's brown dusting at first, left alone it gets darker thicker and fine long strings. No air bubbles attached.
IMG_1280.JPG
IMG_1282.JPG

IMG_1047.JPG
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new