OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW. Can't believe that this has over 100 replies and almost 10,000 views as of Tuesday 6-14-16. Didn't think it would be a hot topic. Keep the posts rolling you'll.

Wilsoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like that bro. Im getting an octopus sleeve done next. Those colors pop. Might steal those colors from you. My right arm sleeve and chest has koi fish and dragons not reef but its still fish.

They do! Something about that mint green on bright orange... :D

Post pics if you do!

AquaSpaces

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tattoos!

Here is a sleeve I still need to work on. The start of what will end up being at least a half body suit. Unfortunately my Marine realism artist isn't local to me so it's time consuming and expensive before I even get to see him and some ink! Work in progress lol

I did a cover up years ago with a koi. I'm just starting to re do the koi and start a sleeve. This guy is local, have one more session this summer and then waiting to finish until after summer. As someone mentioned tattoos and summer time doesn't mix well.

Great thread!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

coezy2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any reef related inspired tattoos out there? Here's mine...

d3f9b59a53ec934838935a60489e8251.jpg

reef_grrrl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is adorable! Can I ask where you have it on your bod if that's not weird?lol
Yeah it's at a weird spot kinda, it's on my chest, above the ****, a little towards my shoulder. The aim was to be able to wear a tank top without it showing, but her face does peek out a bit lol

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it's at a weird spot kinda, it's on my chest, above the ****, a little towards my shoulder. The aim was to be able to wear a tank top without it showing, but her face does peek out a bit lol
Haha peekaboo **** clownfish! I love it! My very reserved mom randomly said "let's get a tattoo" while we were in Nantucket this weekend. I was like " woah, hold the phone! My church mom wants a tattoo? Let's go right now, I don't even care, I will get whatever you get!" Unfortunately it was Sunday and the shop was closed:( that would have been awesome to see my mom under the needle and a great way to remember the trip, not that my sisters wedding isn't enough to remember it by lol. That would have just been icing on the cake!

reef_grrrl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha peekaboo **** clownfish! I love it! My very reserved mom randomly said "let's get a tattoo" while we were in Nantucket this weekend. I was like " woah, hold the phone! My church mom wants a tattoo? Let's go right now, I don't even care, I will get whatever you get!" Unfortunately it was Sunday and the shop was closed:( that would have been awesome to see my mom under the needle and a great way to remember the trip, not that my sisters wedding isn't enough to remember it by lol. That would have just been icing on the cake!

Oh man that's awesome!! Cool momma! I'd love to get one with my momma but she doesn't even know about this one lol

jason g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Another picture.
I started off with just the fish a year ago. Then added some corals over time. I love this hobby. 20160717_012921.png

SantaMonicaHelp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't quite see it in my photos but it wraps around my tricep to my inner arm. I have an hour or two of shading and fine detail work then it should be complete.

You're more patient than I! I know from previous tattoos that I loose a lot of interest after the first hour. But I'm glad to hear that you made it routine to come back and get yours detailed. I can't tell you how many people I know had true intentions of getting a very complex and colorful tattoo and lost interest while it was being detailed via multiple sessions.

- C. Smith

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back