Reef lighting

salty_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is probably a long shot, but i guess it's worth a try. I don't have the extra money for a par meter, but I was trying to figure out my par, without one. Would anybody happen to have a standard 55g with 2 ai prime 16hd and a par meter? I feel like I could get close to what I have, if someone copied my settings and tested the par I'm the only person I know of with a fishtank let alone alone saltwater haha and my closest lfs is an hour away. I've tried joining reef groups on fb, UT no luck.

Also any tips on my light settings, for coral growth would be awesome. I've tried the presets, but they didn't look good to me

Screenshot_20211110-144859_Gallery.jpg

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know the par levels exactly, but you could max out the first 4 channels and set the rest to whatever is pleasing. Just don't have UV and violet on max for the entire day as it can melt the lense.

Jezzess77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know youre strapped for cash but i have a seneye to monitor my tank params and suprisingly enough you can use it as a par meter and its alot cheaper for what it does than a dedicated par meter

OP
OP
S

salty_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know youre strapped for cash but i have a seneye to monitor my tank params and suprisingly enough you can use it as a par meter and its alot cheaper for what it does than a dedicated par meter
I might have to look Into that. I was thinking about trying to find a cheap one also and I'm sure it would get me closer than eyeballing it hahah. I actually changed it to this and I'm seeing if I can get a ballpark idea based on wattage and tank size

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211112-100303_myAI.jpg
    Screenshot_20211112-100303_myAI.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 23

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many LFSs or Local Reefing Clubs have a PAR meter to lend out, or rent.... since many ppl need them for like 1 day out of the year

OP
OP
S

salty_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many LFSs or Local Reefing Clubs have a PAR meter to lend out, or rent.... since many ppl need them for like 1 day out of the year
That's what I was thinking, that they would have to do something like that, or atleast I'd hoped they did haha

Carwin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked at your local fish store or reef club? Often they have PAR meters they will rent out or lend you.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back