Reef Lobster - Molt or carcass?

  • Thread starter Thread starter coryjac0b
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

coryjac0b

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
21
Reaction score
13
Location
Metairie, LA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a reef lobster about 2 months ago to my 30 cube and saw him for the first few minutes and have not seen him since. I noticed what appears to be a molt, but wasn't sure. I don't see any fleshy bits and the arms and pincers are hollow but just wanted to make sure.



reeflobster.jpg
 
Molt... my cleaner and peppermint shrimp molt like that as well. Makes you catch your breath until you see them dancing across your corals...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 22.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new