Reef Lobster - Molt or carcass?

  • Thread starter Thread starter coryjac0b
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

coryjac0b

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
21
Reaction score
13
Location
Metairie, LA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a reef lobster about 2 months ago to my 30 cube and saw him for the first few minutes and have not seen him since. I noticed what appears to be a molt, but wasn't sure. I don't see any fleshy bits and the arms and pincers are hollow but just wanted to make sure.



reeflobster.jpg
 
Molt... my cleaner and peppermint shrimp molt like that as well. Makes you catch your breath until you see them dancing across your corals...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new