Reef Masters...Need Help, Coral Turf Battle

firefly777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, Need help, I have these orange and fluorescent green mushrooms that are starting to expand and kill my JF Mummy Eye Chalice. My Mummy Eye Chalice is really starting to grow now except the mushrooms are trying to expand and move up the reef rock... I really like both corals, they look great next to each other, probably not the best decision of placing these coral in the same area...Does anyone have any suggestions of what I should do before these mushrooms kill my Mummy Eye Chalice, Thanks!
IMG_3424.jpg

OP
OP
F

firefly777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for information with powerhead, not sure i can get powerhead facing those corals, it at the bottom and middle of my tank.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, but I had to remove my mushrooms many years ago for that reason. The best idea I had was to give the mushrooms their own secluded rock. But, even they will find their way off.

OP
OP
F

firefly777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, Thanks for this great information, I was thinking the the Mummy Eye Chalice could hold his territory. I think I am going to have to rip the part of the Mummy Eye Chalice that was on the original frag plug to save what I can...super bummed, The Mummy Eye Chalice was very happy growing up the reef rock...I hope I do not kill it by relocating the main piece of the Chalice...Good learning lesson and part of the process of being in the coral/aquarium hobby!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%

Back