Reef Newbie- perera17

  • Thread starter Thread starter perera17
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

perera17

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Orlando
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I am the newbie, I walked into a store today that was filled with beautiful corals and gorgeous fish, and I am just absolutely interested in the hobby. If I could get any helpful hints or advice on where to start that would be greatly appreciated. I know that I definitely need to gain much more knowledge on the hobby, and can't wait to learn more about it and start my own tank.

Perera17
 
Welcome to R2R!

We will definitely be glad to help you!

Do you have a tank yet?
 
No I don't yet actually, I want to get a feel for what's out there first and know my options, that way when I am ready to get a tank I'll have a good idea of what I want. How long have you been in the hobby for?
 
Welcome to R2R! You've got the right idea: get all the info you can first and then make the purchase. It'll save you a lot of money and frustration in the long run. People here are very knowledgable and friendly, so ask any questions that come to mind.
 
Yup... Your probably hooked. I started with a book from Martin A. Moe,Jr "Biginner to Breeder" My wifes closet is now a mini lab for water testing....Yikes
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new