Reef Nutrition vs. AlgaeBarn

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Eldredge can you offer advice on who sells quality phyto? I’ve been using OceanMagik from AlgaeBarn but open to switching products if you think there is something better out there…
Best phyto I have ever bought, is right from @Eldredge !

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Nutrition all the way. Cheaper and way more populated with pods. No contest.
While Reef Nutrition sells a great product and is readily available at most LFS's. There is a plethora of hobbyists on these forums that sell pods at much denser populations, and much cheaper.

Drewerd7

Dank Tank Club
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While Reef Nutrition sells a great product and is readily available at most LFS's. There is a plethora of hobbyists on these forums that sell pods at much denser populations, and much cheaper.
I second this.

@Eldredge is quite the humbled spirit here..
We keep plugging his name as folks ask for recommendations, and he has even answered questions in detail, yet he holds back from ruthlessly self-promoting! Lol.
Gosh, what a guy.

His phyto is BEAUTIFUL. I started a "pod" population in a tank that was only 3 months old, and have been feeding his phyto, and Ive seen the population multiply exponentially. I can see the tiny pods on my glass everytime I search for them.

You can see the quality in the product, his prices are killer, and his shipping is speedy!
As a matter of fact, I'm going to send him a private message now to resupply.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back