Reef octo 110 ext on Biocube?

  • Thread starter Thread starter purpfish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
They are excellent skimmers, but 'whoa!'-- you are going to try to tie it into a BioCube? (And I assume you mean the 32-gallon BioCube, not the 16.) Two main considerations: 1) Getting the water not only out of the tank, but also back into it; 2) Will you have the skimmer unit sitting in something to protect your floor from the eventual collection-cup overflow that will happen sooner or later?
 
They are excellent skimmers, but 'whoa!'-- you are going to try to tie it into a BioCube? (And I assume you mean the 32-gallon BioCube, not the 16.) Two main considerations: 1) Getting the water not only out of the tank, but also back into it; 2) Will you have the skimmer unit sitting in something to protect your floor from the eventual collection-cup overflow that will happen sooner or later?
Yes I’m thinking a float switch in the lid and I’m thinking a small dc pump for a feed pump I already ordered the skimmer so fingers crossed it works good
 
We all like a good innovation... send us photos when you've got it all geared up ;)
 
Have to get more pvc
IMG_2175.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new