Reef Octopus 120R bio churn

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hard2bej
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hard2bej

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2020
Messages
61
Reaction score
56
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, looking for some input. I own and have used the above mentioned bio pellet reactor. It has worked great and basically flawless for years. After one of the tear apart and clean maintenance, I can’t get the recirculating valve bottom union to seal. I assumed the o-ring was worn so I have tried to replace a few times now to remedy the issue. I have used an assortment standard and metric oring pack to try and match the size. I don’t know if I need a fatter o-ring or what the issue is. Any input would be great, it’s driving me nuts!! I cannot get it to stop leaking. I ran warm water and citric acid through in my sink and it didn’t leak?! Was it the warm water? Thanks in advance
 
Anybody got some thoughts on this?
 
Well update, I wasn’t getting anywhere with getting it to stop leaking. I messaged coral us and asked what is the exact size or how do I get a new o ring, the response was is they don’t sell that particular o ring separate , I had to buy the whole dang valve. I did buy the whole valve with new o rings and the leak is finally fixed! But how can you not offer replacement o-rings or at least tell me the exact size of o ring? I don’t know how many have ordered from coralvue but the shipping is ridiculous, a $2 part will cost you $15 in shipping what the heck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new