Reef Octopus BH-2000 Skimmer Question

wil-yuhm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few days ago I purchased a used BH-2000. The pump varies physically and appears more bulkier than current model BH-2000 listed/offered. Last night the pump after two days of operation was noticeably louder/vibrating. This morning I disassembled the pump and found debris in the pinwheel impeller. Cleaned up the impeller assembly reinstalled and the noise/vibration ceased. My question is whether older BH-2000 models used different pumps and if parts/impellers offered are different between 2000 and 2000s? The pump model number on the casing, "2000" whereas I observe current replacement pump and impeller assemblies are "Aquatrance 2000S." If anyone could clarify whether later Aquatrance 2000S pumps are direct replacement for the larger older style pump/motor protein skimmer housing/plumbing and whether impellers offered for the Aquatrance 2000S can be used as direct replacement for the "2000" BH-2000 pump?

I have no need for an impeller or pump at this time but the information might be helpful should the pump/impeller fail in the future rather than waiting then for any helpful answer.
Thanks!
W.T.

20230117_182543-jpg.2980819

Last edited:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi, do not think impellers are same ??
on your older model pump, normally just broken ceramic shaft is impeller problem .
can be a lil finicky to start, prime well.

OP
OP
W

wil-yuhm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, do not think impellers are same ??

I do not know :)

The old motors look more "heavy duty."

I was curious if I had to replace the pump for a newer aged model Aquatrance 2000S whether complete assembly might be direct replacement?

Of course I'd rather purchase a simple impeller for the older style pump if available and less expensive.

I do not have a newer Aquatrance 2000S impeller to compare. Suppose I could order an impeller and compare and if not the same return for a refund.

Back