Reef Octopus classic 110

jdpeters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RO classic 110 that I have never got up in running. I ran it for probably a week when I started my cadlights 42 a few years ago. I recently busted it out, did a vinegar bath and even ran it in a bucket with tank water and I got the same results as I did initially. I can’t get it to break in. I can’t get it to pull crud from the bucket even at the manufacturers suggestion.
I’ve opened it up and let it run forever. 2 questions.
How do I get it to work properly?
Also in the main chamber I put 15~ pounds of LR that I would need to remove that I use as a biological filter. If I was to remove it all at once would I run into any issues? THanks guys!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RO classic 110 that I have never got up in running. I ran it for probably a week when I started my cadlights 42 a few years ago. I recently busted it out, did a vinegar bath and even ran it in a bucket with tank water and I got the same results as I did initially. I can’t get it to break in. I can’t get it to pull crud from the bucket even at the manufacturers suggestion.
I’ve opened it up and let it run forever. 2 questions.
How do I get it to work properly?
Also in the main chamber I put 15~ pounds of LR that I would need to remove that I use as a biological filter. If I was to remove it all at once would I run into any issues? THanks guys!
They can sometimes take a week to break in. How long did you let it run in the bucket?

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are probably dumb questions but is the skimmer sitting in the proper depth and is there anything in the bucket to skim out? Also, is it possible the bucket itself isn't clean? It doesn't take much to set those skimmers off to the point where they just continuously overflow.

OP
OP
jdpeters

jdpeters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water depth in the bucket was per manufacturers instructions and the bucket is clean. The water was from a water change so I suppose it should of had stuff to be pulled

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 152 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.8%
Back