Reef Octopus Classic 150 sss skimmer not producing bubbles

  • Thread starter Thread starter Briko03
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Briko03

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2014
Messages
125
Reaction score
5
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a skimmer that I have had running in my sump for about 1.5 weeks now. I can't seem to get it to produce any bubbles or anything. Any ideas what might be the issue with this thing? I am aware of the skimmer break in period but shouldn't it at least be creating some sort of bubbles?

Here is a video of the installation to show what i mean:
https://vimeo.com/120242308

The water level is currently at 8.5"
 
Since it is pushing water but not bubbles that tells you that it is not drawing air. Check for an obstruction in the air tube.
 
Sweet, that was it. There was a kink inside the red tube that i couldn't see. Fixing the kink got some air in there and bubbles. Thanks for the help!!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new