REEF OCTOPUS - OCTO VARIOS-8 power supply

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't able to find any info on the product page for the pump on CoralVue's (their US distributor) website, but there is a contact link down at the bottom of the page and they have a pretty good turnaround for questions like this, I would send them an email or give them a call and see what they say :)

http://www.coralvue.com/varios-8-controllable-circulation-pump

OP
OP
Joe Batt

Joe Batt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't able to find any info on the product page for the pump on CoralVue's (their US distributor) website, but there is a contact link down at the bottom of the page and they have a pretty good turnaround for questions like this, I would send them an email or give them a call and see what they say :)

http://www.coralvue.com/varios-8-controllable-circulation-pump

I messaged them and Carlos was very unhelpful I was told that basically because I am not in the US they don't sell or support the product. I was only asking the voltage supply of the unit. I also pointed out I have a home in Florida and wanted two pumps so I could bring one back to where I also live and here is 240v.

They just then said 'We know the pump is compatible with 110v here in the US'

I must admit that I found their attitude appauling. It will be interesting to meet them at Reefapalooza

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there converters that you could use to get it from 240V to 110V? I know I see a lot of travel adapters and such on Amazon, maybe something like that would work and be less risky than plugging it in and seeing what happens.

OP
OP
Joe Batt

Joe Batt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have a look at one the next few days and it will say the voltage range on the transformer.

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looked at my varios dc pump for my regal Skimmer which I think the only difference is the pin wheel rotor in the pump; and the power supply only shows 110v - 120v. Hope that is helpful.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.3%
Back