REEF OCTOPUS - OCTO VARIOS-8 power supply

I wasn't able to find any info on the product page for the pump on CoralVue's (their US distributor) website, but there is a contact link down at the bottom of the page and they have a pretty good turnaround for questions like this, I would send them an email or give them a call and see what they say :)

http://www.coralvue.com/varios-8-controllable-circulation-pump
 
I wasn't able to find any info on the product page for the pump on CoralVue's (their US distributor) website, but there is a contact link down at the bottom of the page and they have a pretty good turnaround for questions like this, I would send them an email or give them a call and see what they say :)

http://www.coralvue.com/varios-8-controllable-circulation-pump


I messaged them and Carlos was very unhelpful I was told that basically because I am not in the US they don't sell or support the product. I was only asking the voltage supply of the unit. I also pointed out I have a home in Florida and wanted two pumps so I could bring one back to where I also live and here is 240v.

They just then said 'We know the pump is compatible with 110v here in the US'

I must admit that I found their attitude appauling. It will be interesting to meet them at Reefapalooza
 
Are there converters that you could use to get it from 240V to 110V? I know I see a lot of travel adapters and such on Amazon, maybe something like that would work and be less risky than plugging it in and seeing what happens.
 
I will have a look at one the next few days and it will say the voltage range on the transformer.
 
Just looked at my varios dc pump for my regal Skimmer which I think the only difference is the pin wheel rotor in the pump; and the power supply only shows 110v - 120v. Hope that is helpful.
 
Thank you very much for looking for me, a great help :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new