Reef or Relationship?

HAHA my girl used to complain about me working on the tank and the money I spent on it. Used to tell me I loved the tank more than her. Now its all set up and running she messages me everyday with hey babe what about this coral or looks whats floating in the sump in a bag for you. She is now addicted in a major way. I have not mentioned it to her but I think she now loves the tank more than me lol.
Haha! Yeah, I've heard the, "You must love it more than me. Or, at least, it interests you more...not to mention your addiction to R2R," on more than one occasion.
 
I can't really complain. While she does get a glazed over look in her eyes when I start geeking out on lighting or skimmers, she basically supports my interest. She encourages me to go to frag swaps and was really supportive of me joining my local reef club. I also think some of her support is due to the fact that when we first met, I was breeding snakes and she was terrified of them. She learned to "tolerate" them, but I think she was secretly overjoyed when I got out of that particular hobby to focus on my cichlid tanks and the reef hobby.
 
This hobby is part of who I am, I have been keeping tanks since I was a young child. If someone is not totally accepting of my interest in this hobby than it's a deal breaker every time, that is just the way it is. The spouse does not have to be involved or love it but they have to allow me to continue to love the hobby just the way I always have.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new