Reef-Pi 433mhz outlet

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm.. good luck..seems confusing.
https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/4906/control-hardware-pwm-frequency
https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/53854/driving-pwm-output-frequency

Not my forte. but seems upper limit is
The Raspberry Pi PWM clock has a base frequency of 19.2 MHz. This frequency, divided by the argument to pwmSetClock(), is the frequency at which the PWM counter is incremented. When the counter reaches a value equal to the specified range, it resets to zero. While the counter is less than the specified duty cycle, the output is high, otherwise the output is low.

Last edited:

Michael Lane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got my 433mhz outlets work with commands. Now my question is: is it possible to get them to work in reef-pi?
I bet you are talking about 443 MHz radio.

If that's the case, then it would be possible to create a driver in the 3.0 version of reef-pi to communicate with these modules if you would be comfortable coding in Go. Otherwise, you could possible to write a script in some other language, monitor a gpio that reef-pi controls, and trigger a command to control your outlet.

Are these DIY outlets, or some commercial product?

OP
OP
Misha

Misha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet you are talking about 443 MHz radio.

If that's the case, then it would be possible to create a driver in the 3.0 version of reef-pi to communicate with these modules if you would be comfortable coding in Go. Otherwise, you could possible to write a script in some other language, monitor a gpio that reef-pi controls, and trigger a command to control your outlet.

Are these DIY outlets, or some commercial product?

Commercial product:
fa4f80ad6e8ddbce381e4ef4418e15c8.jpg

And a transmitter like this:
https://www.amazon.com/433Mhz-Wireless-Transmitter-Receiver-Raspberry/dp/B07P6QLD1G

Michael Lane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks interesting. It will take some custom coding. What kind of coding experience do you have? Python seems to be easier for many people, but we could fold it into reef-pi directly if you can create it as a driver in GO.

OP
OP
Misha

Misha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks interesting. It will take some custom coding. What kind of coding experience do you have? Python seems to be easier for many people, but we could fold it into reef-pi directly if you can create it as a driver in GO.

Well I have little experience in Python, maybe if I get into it it will get somewhere. Any volunteers?

SDchris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In python it's fairly straight forward.
Use Piscope, a free software oscilloscope based on pigpio, to capture the transmitted signals.
Then also using pigpio library, generate the wave forms. There are a few examples on the web.

They are a little bit more expensive, but I much prefer the wifi outlets. At least you get feed back on the on/off status, and less prone to interference.

Chris

OP
OP
Misha

Misha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In python it's fairly straight forward.
Use Piscope, a free software oscilloscope based on pigpio, to capture the transmitted signals.
Then also using pigpio library, generate the wave forms. There are a few examples on the web.

They are a little bit more expensive, but I much prefer the wifi outlets. At least you get feed back on the on/off status, and less prone to interference.

Chris

I tried pigpio and 433utils I had to much static.

Putting the outlets on learn mode did it for me. Each outlet has his own code (example: sudo ./kaku 1 A on or sudo ./kaku 2 A on)

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks very promising. I am planning to integrate some type of smart outlet with reef-pi, and this information will be super helpful. Thank you for sharing

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back