reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

trackerit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
new build,
WhatsApp Image 2019-05-22 at 3.37.45 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-05-22 at 3.37.25 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-05-22 at 3.37.35 PM.jpeg

I'm waiting the driver for the ph on my pico board, i buy the pihat of michael lane, and i have skipped many welds. its a very work!

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally made it home, here is the error message from the logs that I am getting from the temp sensors, started happening last night after midnight, haven't searched yet but thought I would post:

Code:
May 23 16:53:45 tankpi kernel: w1_master_driver w1_bus_master1: Attaching one wire slave 00.800000000000 crc 8c
May 23 16:53:45 tankpi kernel: w1_master_driver w1_bus_master1: Family 0 for 00.800000000000.8c is not registered.

This is a new one...for me...:)

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally made it home, here is the error message from the logs that I am getting from the temp sensors, started happening last night after midnight, haven't searched yet but thought I would post:

Code:
May 23 16:53:45 tankpi kernel: w1_master_driver w1_bus_master1: Attaching one wire slave 00.800000000000 crc 8c
May 23 16:53:45 tankpi kernel: w1_master_driver w1_bus_master1: Family 0 for 00.800000000000.8c is not registered.

This is a new one...

Reseated the temp probes and it's working again, I forgot about it rebooting when using the stereo connectors, oops. Not sure what caused the issue, been solid for months now.

Last edited:

Zippyfear

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not pretty yet, but my Temp probes and power controller are tested and 100% functional! Thanks again for the awesomeness! Looking forward to the next steps in the project. - Putting it into a pretty case is next on my list.. then we'll see where things go.

The first pic, 2 DB9's run to the temp probes btw. 2 up top, and 2 underneath - Just figured DB9's for everything as a standard connector as they're cheap.

reef-pi1.jpg
reef-pi2.jpg
reef-pi3.jpg

Bigtrout

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Code:

This is a new one...for me...:)
I live in an area with lots of power glitches and my build has been a rock, but i did add the RTC to handle the timekeeping so time is kept accurately until the cable modem boots back up.

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in an area with lots of power glitches and my build has been a rock, but i did add the RTC to handle the timekeeping so time is kept accurately until the cable modem boots back up.

Yeah I checked the uptime and the power did not glitch but for whatever reason after midnight it lost w1_bus not sure what happened, resetting a couple of the plugs and it started working again. Not a fan of the stereo plugs and may look at swapping them out for something that has a more solid connection. Actually up to that issue its been solid for almost 5 months, will see how it behaves the next few days.

:)

T-MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light I have if you don’t give it a signal it is at full power. So when the Raspberry Pi is booting the light is on full blast. I’m worried that if the Raspberry Pi ever crashed that the light would be on. Is there a way to circumvent this?

ph123uk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Can anyone help with how the dinural setting works - how long between each % does it ramp up? e.g. I have set Lights to come on at 10:30am to 21:30pm - With a min of 0 and a max of 80 - How long does it take to get to 80 and what are the increments.

Sorry if its already been published.

ChrisNH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to sanity check my thinking that I can add the Adafruit guide PH probe circuit to the power/temp/ato circuits on the same pi & hat since it uses sda and scl pins..?

I finally finished and tested the power circuit up through the DB9. I have to do the part I am not looking forward to (cutting the box) then on to the other circuits.

ph123uk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Version 2.2, created an io.adafruit account for telemetry, getting an error in reef pi of "error":"not found - that is an invalid URL

This error only happens for my light channels telemetry data, the systemload and systemmemused works fine - any ideas anyone?

EDIT: Fixed this one, it had SPACES in the light name......

Last edited:

sector9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got my computer to build reefpi from the master so I could test out the pH circuit. So it looks like 3.0 requires a new database right? I upgraded on top of my reefpi 2.3 and it isn't working right as all the connectors are messed up which I presume is from my database?

"Something went wrong.

Details
TypeError: e.drivers.filter(...)[0] is undefined
in t in div in div in div in t in Connect(t) in div in div in t in div in t in t in div in div in div in div in t in Connect(t) in t in o"

Michael Lane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light I have if you don’t give it a signal it is at full power. So when the Raspberry Pi is booting the light is on full blast. I’m worried that if the Raspberry Pi ever crashed that the light would be on. Is there a way to circumvent this?
You can usually fix this problem with a pull down resistor (for each channel). That would be some high value resistor between your signal pin and ground. That way, if the signal is left floating while reef-pi is booting or otherwise disconnected, the light would see ground as the signal and stay off. Once reef-pi starts sending a signal, it would be much stronger than the pull down resistor.

sector9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got my computer to build reefpi from the master so I could test out the pH circuit. So it looks like 3.0 requires a new database right? I upgraded on top of my reefpi 2.3 and it isn't working right as all the connectors are messed up which I presume is from my database?

"Something went wrong.

Details
TypeError: e.drivers.filter(...)[0] is undefined
in t in div in div in div in t in Connect(t) in div in div in t in div in t in t in div in div in div in div in t in Connect(t) in t in o"
Never mind, answered my own question by finding an older post by Ranjib confirming that you have to start with a new database for 3.0

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to sanity check my thinking that I can add the Adafruit guide PH probe circuit to the power/temp/ato circuits on the same pi & hat since it uses sda and scl pins..?

I finally finished and tested the power circuit up through the DB9. I have to do the part I am not looking forward to (cutting the box) then on to the other circuits.
yes. Be careful with your power requirement, and remember you may need extra passives when combining these circuits

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 = 10 kHz
50 = 200 Hz
100 = 100 Hz
1000 = 10 Hz
10000 = 1Hz
Thank you for reporting this. The pi pwm thing got some bugs due to recent changes, I'll get back to this soon after cutting a beta release for ph board testing

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The above frequencies I got with the rpi hardware pwm output. I had trouble composing a reply earlier but the frequency setting goes in the wrong direction.

@Ranjib I installed drive and it works with my google account now but I'm still getting the drive is not in path error. Could you show me how to fix that? It's odd because I can run drive from other directories but reef-pi can't it seems. Thank you.
what user you have configured as? reef-pi runs as root,

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib Does the go path have to be "\home\pi\gopath"? I have it set to "\home\pi\go" but reef-pi can't find drive for some reason even though I can run it anywhere else it seems.

I tried running the command that it says it was having an error:

drive push -quiet -destination reef-pi-images -files /var/lib/reef-pi/images/08-32-19-Thu-May-23-2019.png

no drive context found; run `drive init` or go into one of the directories (sub directories) that you performed `drive init`

I did "drive about" and it shows my gdrive information but it still gives me that error.

Update:
It seems you need the -m option then it will work, like "pi@reef-pi:~/gdrive $ drive push -m /var/lib/reef-pi/images/08-32-19-Thu-May-23-2019.png".

I also tried drive init in /var/lib/reef-pi/images but it says permission denied so I tried sudo drive init but then it says sudo: drive: command not found.

Update 2:
So the root didn't have the path for go. Fixed that by running "sudo ~/go/bin/drive init" in /var/lib/reef-pi/images. Then I had to change the folder permissions by running "sudo chown -R $USER images" in /var/lib/reef-pi.
OK, don't perform the second part of update 2 if anyone else is having this problem. You will still most likely need to run "drive init" in /var/lib/reef-pi/images but you do not need to change the permissions.

The way to fix this is when you declare the go path to not set it only for your profile. So just run something like this: "echo 'export GOPATH=$HOME/go'" and echo 'PATH="$HOME/go/bin:$PATH"'.

Well, after all that and a reboot I still get the same error that it can't find the executable.

sudo echo $PATH
/home/pi/go/bin:/home/pi/go/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games:/usr/local/go/bin

You got this running? I am curious how you think about this feature. Its not very popular use case, I had built it to see my tank images during vacation, when Im out of home. Looking at how complex this for new users, I am thinking if its worth keeping this in 3.0. Users can setup the drive based upload as separate cron job, outside reef-pi,

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back