reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib looking to update to 4.1 from 4.0, how does the update work from the UI?

Is the process documented somewhere?
type 4.1 in the text box and hit update (under admin section). Refresh after 10-15s. If version does not change, do a reboot/reload.

Boostable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning... Can someone please point me in the right direction. Two questions, where can I find out what "telemetry feeds" are being sent out of the system and is it logged in the system somewhere? /var/log or something? Thanks, Boost...

Boostable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda found some of what I am looking for.. in /var/log/syslog all the activity is logged. but would like to know how I can determine all the available feeds from pi.

Also, noticed this in the log..
ph sub-system: ERROR: Failed to read probe: pH Tank . Error: strconv.ParseFloat: parsing "7.816\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x80": invalid syntax

Anything to be worried about?

drbogger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having an issue using Inlets / ATO / Float Switches.

I have a float switch wired to GPIO 5, which is configured correctly.
1 wire on the float switch is wired to 3.3v, the other end is wired to the GPIO Pins, through a 220 ohm resistor.

I can't get the ATO to trigger for anything!
I even tried applying 3.3v and GND directly to GPIO Pin 5, while monitoring the output, which will not turn on.

Just because I know your gonna ask, the frequency on the ATO page is set to 2 seconds.
I tried reversing the inlet as well, and in that case, the output will turn on immediately, but will not turn off.

Any ideas what could be going on?

zab34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Michael Lane

Hi.

Just looking for a little guidance here. Recently installed the marsaqua led board in my fixture. When hooked up to the reefpi, I am able to dim the fixture with no issues. But when I get down to zero, neither circuit turns off it still looks the same as about 5-10%. Any thoughts?

drbogger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Michael Lane

Hi.

Just looking for a little guidance here. Recently installed the marsaqua led board in my fixture. When hooked up to the reefpi, I am able to dim the fixture with no issues. But when I get down to zero, neither circuit turns off it still looks the same as about 5-10%. Any thoughts?
I had the same issue. Never did figure out what the problem was. I just ended up ditching that setup.

drbogger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my issue above resolved. I needed to add pulldown resistors.

---------------------
-- New Issue --
---------------------

Okay, I am trying to automatically refill my ATO Reservoir using 2 float switches.
Lets call them "Float-Low" and "Float-High", for low level and high level sensors.

- In ATO Menu, Float-High is set to OneShot, controls a Solenoid Valve, and is disabled by default.
- Float-Low is set to Enable, and is set to trigger a macro called "Refill Reservoir".
- The Macro called "Refill Reservoir" has only 1 action in it, which is "ATO > Float-High > Turn On"

The idea is when "Float-Low" is triggered, it will turn on a Solenoid Valve to refill the Reservoir until it reaches the "Float-High" sensor.

However, when I try to do this, it does not work, and it causes the entire system to hang.

What am I doing wrong?

zab34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue. Never did figure out what the problem was. I just ended up ditching that setup.
My thought is just to pair the pwm controls with an on/off timer at the beginning and end.
But there has to be another way.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

---------------------
-- New Issue --
---------------------

Okay, I am trying to automatically refill my ATO Reservoir using 2 float switches.
Lets call them "Float-Low" and "Float-High", for low level and high level sensors.

- In ATO Menu, Float-High is set to OneShot, controls a Solenoid Valve, and is disabled by default.
- Float-Low is set to Enable, and is set to trigger a macro called "Refill Reservoir".
- The Macro called "Refill Reservoir" has only 1 action in it, which is "ATO > Float-High > Turn On"

The idea is when "Float-Low" is triggered, it will turn on a Solenoid Valve to refill the Reservoir until it reaches the "Float-High" sensor.

However, when I try to do this, it does not work, and it causes the entire system to hang.

What am I doing wrong?
Hmm,, the full system hang is little weird. Can you share some details. Logs will be very useful
When water level crosses the low float , it will run the macro in reverse mode. Something to remember.
What is the check frequency of float low and how long generally it takes to fill up water ?

drbogger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm,, the full system hang is little weird. Can you share some details. Logs will be very useful
When water level crosses the low float , it will run the macro in reverse mode. Something to remember.
What is the check frequency of float low and how long generally it takes to fill up water ?

- The check frequency is 120 seconds.

- I tried the macro in reverse, and forward mode.

- it takes about an hour to fill, but it won't start filling unless the macro turns on the other ATO sensor (which it never does).

- how do I get the logs?

- the macro works fine if I run it manually or by using a timer. Seems to be just the ATO controller causing the issue.

- It's not a full system hang, the UI will still load, but it won't let me edit the ATO settings until I delete the Macro & ATO entirely, then I have to reload reef-pi twice (yes, twice).

The macro just never runs. It just hangs until I delete it.

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

---------------------
-- New Issue --
---------------------

What am I doing wrong?
I have not been able to get an ATO to trigger a Macro. I think this is what you are seeing and thinking the system is hanging

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, there is no way to stop a Macro from running once it has been started. Previously, when Macro's were first introduced, this function was there, but was pulled. Personally, I liked the ability to stop a Macro from the Macro UI if I felt there was a problem.

Bigtrout

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought Id throw this here, a raspberry pi 4b 2gb version combined with a tp-link UE300 usb3.0 to ethernet dongle makes on heck of a great router/firewall with a small footprint and low power use.
Im routing gigabit internet with sqm qos, adguard, ban IP and ddns along with wireguard VPN so I can access my network from the outside securely and it doesnt even break a sweat. Now can just use my existing wireless routers as access points and let the raspberry pi handle the routing work. So far its the best router firewall ive used short of a dedicated PF sense box.

DanTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, looking for a little help with the ph setup. When I add it I get an error that an input is missing and the ability to calibrate it is grayed out.

here’s how I’ve been setting it up:
1. Add ezo ph driver with the default 68
2. Add analog ph connector with pin 0
3. Go to ph and add the ph connector

I added my circuit below if you feel that may be the source of the issue. After buying everything I realized I’m not following best practices for noise isolation but I’d still expect it to show up.

Thanks in advance!

A0479318-FF35-4FD0-8B91-61979C1724E7.jpeg

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those using the unofficial Apt sources for Reef-Pi, I've (finally) added Buster as an allowed distro:

Instructions for using here:

The packages shipped are identical to https://github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/releases, up to 4.1.

The key has also been updated to 8AB22E718C78D3B02792817C91259A65F101BCF3 (rsa4096)

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Want to talk dosing and power outages, I've got to scenarios that I am looking at and I want to make sure they are solid or as good as I can get. I have one reefpi running a dosing unit and is configured under the doser tab, runs every hour for about 15sec. I have another reefpi that is controlling BRS dosers that are controlled by a timer or a Macro. I've seen the question ask before but I want to verify that timers with an on/off scheduled behave. If I am running the BRS doser, currently I have one running for 9min, if I loose power during that time frame and it stays off for 30min etc, what will the state be when power is restored? To make sure its clear, I kick off a timer for x minutes, halfway during I loose power, power is off for 30min or more and then restored. Reefpi boots back up, will the timer that had started turn off since the time has passed?

I know if you are running a macro and you have a wait state then it would loose that state, but what about a standard timer? What happens to the state for a doser that was running when a power outage strikes?

I can think of creating a timer that runs every minute outside of your dosing timer to turn the pump back off but that seems like a lot of work, but I'd rather not have a pump that is running constantly after power returns.

zab34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Michael Lane

Hi.

@Ranjib

any ideas here?

zab34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you have read through this thread, but if not it may have some useful information - Mars-Aqua

I have one of the boards but do not have a mars-aqua to test with, hoping it has some information in it that will help.

:)
The only thing I’m seeing is a recommended freq of 1.5 kHz. The default pwm is set to 100, not sure on the unit of measure on that.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 134 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back