Reef pi macro glitching

Dustbunny

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2026
Messages
8
Reaction score
8
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have reef pi set up and I want to have automatic water changes. I made a macro with the steps of the water change and it works great when I run the macro manually. When I put it into a schedule, it starts glitching. It keeps turning the different devices on and off. I counted at least 5 times that the filter turned on and off when it is supposed to only turn off once.

I tried putting at least a 5 second pause between each step and it didn't help.
 
Did you ever figure this out?
 
Kind of. I had two different WC set up. One in the morning and one in the evening. The one in the morning was glitching but the one in the evening was not. I turned off the morning one and everything seems to be working.

The only difference between the two schedules was the time input. Maybe the pi isn't a morning person 😆
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new