Reef=Pi / Robo-Tank Setup Issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hooz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2020
Messages
2,071
Reaction score
2,049
Location
Heath, OH
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got a brand new RPi 3B+ yesterday and installed/updated the latest "Lite" OS (Trixie). All good to this point.

When I started the Reef-Pi / Robo-Tank install, I started bumping into some issues. First was some broken libc Pi Wiring links, so I fixed those (apt --fix-broken install) and restarted the install. Got a little further the second time, until I hit this...

1770660971871.png


Wondering if I should just reflash Bookworm and start over, or if I can make this work.

I've been geeking out on controller stuff lately (full Apex system running and a full Hydros system running), so I'm looking to dip my toe into the DiY controller universe.
 
I had to go a few pages back, but I guess I found my answer in the official stickied Reef-Pi thread.

Either rollback to an older OS or wait a bit.

I guess that gives me some time to order my kit from Robo-Tank while I wait. I just wanted to start poking around a bit in the meantime.
 
Thats correct, the official Reefpi does not support bookworm.

You can you my fork for Trixie but it has not been tested on a RPi 3B+.
Only tested it on a raspberry pi 5
 
Thats correct, the official Reefpi does not support bookworm.

You can you my fork for Trixie but it has not been tested on a RPi 3B+.
Only tested it on a raspberry pi 5

No Bookworm either? How far back would I need to go?

ETA: I just reimaged with Bullseye and I'll try again. Like I said, this is just for tinkering until I get the RoboTank kit.
 
Last edited:
No Bookworm either? How far back would I need to go?

ETA: I just reimaged with Bullseye and I'll try again. Like I said, this is just for tinkering until I get the RoboTank kit.
If. You look there is a sticky for my upgrade it will support the latest.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new