Reef-Pi Update from 5.3 to 6.0 Breaks Graph?

iamdan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All

Been using Robo-Tank's v3 Hardware for the past 6 to 8 months at least with a Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W, Running Raspbian Buster with all the latest updates. For what I've been doing with it up until now it has been flawless.

Since going from 5.3 to 6.0 the PH Graph now shows as per below:

1669697329086.png

I have tried the following to no avail, each time with a reinstall of raspbian buster and different sd cards as well:
- Installed Reef-Pi 5.2 with Robo-Tank Script
- Tried updating direct from 5.2 to 6.0 using backup copy of my reef-pi db - same effect as above.
- Tried setup with a default reef-pi db from RoboTank script and also setting up new one / controller from scratch without any preconfigured db to rule out any corruption - same effect as above
- Tried install of 6.0 direct and manual config - same effect as above
- Verified no power cables are running anywhere near the Reef-Pi Controller or the PH Probe and its Cable.
- No other hardware has changed in months on or near my aquarium or changed placement inside or outside or around the aquarium or room.
- Verified with @robsworld78 my setup of config.txt etc and no parameters needed to be changed
- I checked daemon logs, journal logs etc (spent hours going through) and can see that each time reef-pi requests an update from the ph probe it gets a valid reading.
- via the API call to my Home Assistant instance on another Pi in the house, the requests/graph there come through perfect without any issue.

I logged a ticket in github: https://github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/issues/1977 - but i'm probably just being impatient lol.

I have also attached the log of the reef-pi continuously getting a correct ph reading.

If you need any more info to assist in troubleshooting im more than happy to assist :)

Many thanks in advance

Daniel

Attachments

• reef-pi log.txt
    1 MB · Views: 33

ColoredRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6.88 seems low. is the prob calibrated? might be an error on the range setting?

OP
OP
I

iamdan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Ranjib just wondering if you have any updates to this issue? i haven't seen any fixes appear in github?

I've also noticed that when reading the ph reading via api it drops as well however home assistant plugin / graph has some smarts in it to not make the graph go all crazy. Just means i can't set any macros or triggers on certain events when it keeps dropping readings.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back