• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Reef Pro False advertisement Buyers be aware

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a case where I may be disappointed my $500 fish is a bit smaller than I expected, but would happily take the $60 and move on. The fish is healthy and will grow.

If the OP has really kept fish for 30 years, then they know shipping the fish back is not a real option.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a case where I may be disappointed my $500 fish is a bit smaller than I expected, but would happily take the $60 and move on. The fish is healthy and will grow.

If the OP has really kept fish for 30 years, then they know shipping the fish back is not a real option.
This is the biggest tell in the whole thread.
You’ve been in the hobby for 30 years and are a pro at it yet you think any retailer would let you ship an animal back to them?
no. That’s a giant red flag that this guy is just making stuff up

Andyf30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nah imo if its wysiwyg then the dimensions should be given as an estimate. not a hard 4.75", i am siding with buyer on this however i do think $60 credit is fair compensation
It’s in reef pro’s policy that its an estimate of size….It’s not on them the buyer didn’t read it.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys thank you for your support. The seller can keep playing this game with all customers.
Fake advertisement and then if the customer complains, then offer the customer $60 refund.

I can see most of you do not what is a diferecnce .65 difference on a Supermale Fairy Wrasse
531324DB-3C85-4F11-AB66-1D50C4D53D10.gif

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many of you have spent $500 on a fish? I think y'all are missing the point here. He didn't buy a $10 farm raised clown. It's easy when it's not your money. Just seek them out and their reviews speak for themselves.... Admittedly the buyer should have done that before he spent that kind of money with them.

Reef Pro

Reef Pro Complete --> Reefprostore.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To give an update to the entire R2R community:

Unfortunately this buyer has already initiated a chargeback for this purchase. It's a real shame we have people like this in this hobby. It is clear all this person is trying to do is get a free fish. We have offered a very fair and generous refund for the compensation of the size discrepancy.

Meanwhile, he asks to return the fish he purchased from us rather than taking the partial refund..... Unfortunately once you slap a fish on a piece of paper and measure it in a ruler, for who knows how long out of the water, we cannot in good faith sell that fish as it is very likely this fish will experience health problems. Fairy wrasses alone are very prone to spinal injuries through manhandling.

Last edited:

Big Smelly fish

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What blows me away is the fish out of water with a ruler to show size. Then expect the seller to take back and refund. I have to side with the seller here. You got a healthy fish just a little undersized.

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Right this guy is one of the reasons its $500 in first place. You can see its the same fish dude , you added it to your cart . So if it looks the same but its .5" smaller then you expected that doesnt make it a super male ? Youre just making stuff up

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
To give an update to the entire R2R community:

Unfortunately this buyer has already initiated a chargeback for this purchase. It's a real shame we have people like this in this hobby. It is clear all this person is trying to do is get a free fish. We have offered a very fair and generous refund for the compensation of the size discrepancy.

Meanwhile, he asks to return the fish he purchased from us rather than taking the partial refund..... Unfortunately once you slap a fish on a piece of paper and measure it in a ruler, for who knows how long out of the water, we cannot in good faith sell that fish as it is very likely this fish will experience health problems. Fairy wrasses alone are very prone to spinal injuries through manhandling.
It doesn't surprise me he is trying to do a chargeback.
Intense case of buyers remorse?
Something is totally off with this guy. Wanting to re-ship a fish after what he did to it?
Did he do damage to the fish?
I've never heard of returning livestock. Shipping it once is a risk during the winter/holiday's, but shipping it back?

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait 60 dollars for 0.5 inches? I will take that any day. I don't understand why would someone be mad about a smaller fish if it is the same color I was expecting, higher life expectancy?
Beautiful fish that I wish I could own, sad to see it going to such an owner.

bhargs99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poor fish. Someone should take this fish from OP so it's in a better and more grateful hands... I can't imagine anyone would be able to visibly see the difference "upon opening the bag" that's BS. OP needs to learn how to use a ruler, fish is clearly 4 and 2/8 inches or 4.25" since they can't do math. Never have I received a fish and thought about how the size differed from the vendor description, I would be happy just to have healthy fish to watch grow....

No harm done by ReefPro, sorry you guys have to deal with terrible people like this.

Phlynamjax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I understand the buyer’s frustration, doing a charge back is flat out wrong. If this is true, he/she should be black listed

Reef Pro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to give everyone an update:

The buyer requests on sending the fish back to us rather than taking the partial refund..... just sad.

OP
OP
AlbinoTang

AlbinoTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a collector, If I wanted any fish I would go to any LFS , and pay $250-$290 for this kind of fish. I paid a high premium for a fake advertised fish.

The fish is on a rule because THE SELLER called me a liar and refuse to take it back before I acclimated the fish.

This seller knows what he is doing and if no one stops him, he will keep doing his shady business.

Reef Pro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really is sad there are people like this in this hobby--

The buyer shipped back to fish to us (see photos)-- NO OXYGEN, NOT PROPERLY PACKED, and fish is clearly decomposed. This fish died long ago. To be honest, not even sure if the fish is in there because the water is so fowled and there's no reminisce of the rhomboid. On top of it--- he shipped it back GROUND, even though he only lives about 1.5 hours from our facility. If he really was a true "collector" he would comprehend the need to drive this fish back to us.

Kill a perfectly healthy beautiful fish just because its less than a 1/2 inch smaller than what your looking for?? Even-though it clearly states on our website the measurements are an estimate. In addition, he acknowledged these terms prior to purchasing the fish...

JUST SAD!

Rather than taking the very reasonable offer we provided to the buyer.... he would rather kill a perfectly healthy fish.

I hope everyone on this forum can see the kind of person this buyer is.

9b6a5bb8-ebcb-4ac8-9639-7ff8079b3e3d.JPG acd0f944-dbab-4d3a-96ea-85fc2185dd17.JPG d03d2155-30e5-46fa-b196-163b18190077.JPG

Last edited:
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 80 76.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back