• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Reef Pro False advertisement Buyers be aware

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$500 fish laid out on a piece of paper to be measured?
Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

Rams

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What am i seeing here..putting 500$ fish on a piece of paper and asking for refund..that fish stressed and compressed his fins thats why you are seeing .65 difference.Agree with seller

Attachments

• 135EB32A-95A9-415F-A8FE-60E61ABE7482.gif
    135EB32A-95A9-415F-A8FE-60E61ABE7482.gif
    770 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
AlbinoTang

AlbinoTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys thank you for your support. The seller can keep playing this game with all customers.
Fake advertisement and then if the customer complains, then offer the customer $60 refund.

I can see most of you do not what is a diferecnce .65 difference on a Supermale Fairy Wrasse

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Guys thank you for your support. The seller can keep playing this game with all customers.
Fake advertisement and then if the customer complains, then offer the customer $60 refund.

I can see most of you do not what is a diferecnce .65 difference on a Supermale Fairy Wrasse
Have they repeatedly made this mistake/done this before? is there a single additional review posted with a client that has this complaint?

I think most DO see the difference. Where some differ it seems is in that your behavior and treatment of purchased fish to take the photo is much more worrisome and concerning than the discrepancy in length.

given the very positive reputation reefpro has everywhere I could find would lead me to think they did the best estimate they could while keeping the animal safe. Maybe they could stick a ruler on outside of vessel and hold fish against the same side from inside for a more accurate assessment? That’s more stress though and most would agree unnecessary.

if the difference was going to make or break your purchase, I would imagine you would have requested a confirmation of the size as anything listed is going to be an estimate; that seems common sense.

OP
OP
AlbinoTang

AlbinoTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have they repeatedly made this mistake/done this before? is there a single additional review posted with a client that has this complaint?

I think most DO see the difference. Where some differ it seems is in that your behavior and treatment of purchased fish to take the photo is much more worrisome and concerning than the discrepancy in length.

given the very positive reputation reefpro has everywhere I could find would lead me to think they did the best estimate they could while keeping the animal safe. Maybe they could stick a ruler on outside of vessel and hold fish against the same side from inside for a more accurate assessment? That’s more stress though and most would agree unnecessary.

if the difference was going to make or break your purchase, I would imagine you would have requested a confirmation of the size as anything listed is going to be an estimate; that seems common sense.
I can see you do not anything about this particular fish. It is very easy to determine that this fish is not the size they say when you see it in person because the fish is not fully developed. As soon as I opened the bag I realized they were lying, I contacted Immediately to return it. They said I was wrong, so I have to take a picture to show them the proof. I have been a reefer for more than 30 years and I know what can be done with a fish.

I guess you are related to the seller.

Reef PRO really knows the game, they put the fish out of the water many times, you can see the proof on this thread https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reef-pro-reviews.944276/

Last edited:

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nah imo if its wysiwyg then the dimensions should be given as an estimate. not a hard 4.75", i am siding with buyer on this however i do think $60 credit is fair compensation

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish caught from other side of the world, shipped and conditioned. Very close on size, but color and patterns are pretty spot on as pictured. Apparently not good enough.
Looks like some discount hunting.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish does not deserve this treatment... stop stressing it out... then you want to ship it back? Fish just had to go through that...

The terms are clearly listed on the website that it is just an estimate because no one should be placing fish on a paper against a ruler. If a vender did this, I would not buy from them.

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can see you do not anything about this particular fish. It is very easy to determine that this fish is not the size they say when you see it in person because the fish is not fully developed. As soon as I opened the bag I realized they were lying, I contacted Immediately to return it. They said I was wrong, so I have to take a picture to show them the proof. I have been a reefer for more than 30 years and I know what can be done with a fish.

I guess you are related to the seller.

Reef PRO really knows the game, they put the fish out of the water many times, you can see the proof on this thread https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reef-pro-reviews.944276/
You dodged answering my questions.
I am not related to seller.
30 years is awesome! one would hope you know the difference between having your hand in a stock/holding tank or during transfers, very briefly lifting the fish for a photo then immediately lowering into water again vs what you did.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I can see most of you do not what is a diferecnce .65 difference on a Supermale Fairy

Not sure what thread you are looking at, but we are not supporting you. We are supporting ReefPro. Your complaint is petty and unfounded. Going forward I suggest you buy your fish from a LFS so you can break out your tape measure before you buy any fish.

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wondering if OP would have offered to pay more if the fish was larger than advertised?

Benpastw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The fish looks beautiful, you received it alive and it looks healthy, cant believe you would feel the need to post (in marketplace none the less cause you likely knew it would get the most views here) complaining about a negligible size discrepancy.
@Reefpro I’m sorry, some people can never be made happy and will always find something to complain about.
I typically don’t respond to threads like this, but just reading your complaints with your nonsense desired outcome hit me to my core.

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the goal is to nitpick-in that pic the fish looks like it is 4.25" not 4.1", so only 0.5" off. Personally I would prefer the vendor focus on the health of the fish, rather than excessively handle the fish to make sure it is precisely measured. It looks like the fish was healthy when shipped, and it would probably add that 0.5" in length in the next few months anyway (assuming it was kept in saltwater instead of stuck to a piece of paper).

This thread did not convince me not to shop with ReefPro, but it did convince me to avoid a career in retail sales.

Phlynamjax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see the buyers frustration. Buyer wanted a specific color and size for the wrasse. Thus buyer paid premium for WYSWYG fish instead of paying less for a stock fish. I would be frustrated too. Fairy wrasse look dramatically different depends on their size and age unlike other fish.

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the goal is to nitpick-in that pic the fish looks like it is 4.25" not 4.1", so only 0.5" off. Personally I would prefer the vendor focus on the health of the fish, rather than excessively handle the fish to make sure it is precisely measured. It looks like the fish was healthy when shipped, and it would probably add that 0.5" in length in the next few months anyway (assuming it was kept in saltwater instead of stuck to a piece of paper).

This thread did not convince me not to shop with ReefPro, but it did convince me to avoid a career in retail sales.
Sadly this is retail now. Covid has changed everything forever. Don’t get me wrong you came across some morons here and there before hand but now it is constant. Humans seem to have lost some manners and patience.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one of the WYSIWYG wrasses on the Reef PRO Store. I paid a very high premium because I was looking for a fully developed fish. They advertise the fish as a Supermale 4.75 inches. To my surprise, I received a wrasse about 4.1 inches in size. This is bad seller practice, they lie about the size of the fish. UPS delivered the fish at 5:30 PM , so I will need to acclimate this fish today and speak with them tomorrow to return him. I am very disappointed with this seller.

I contacted them and they said they do not accept returns even thought they lie about the size, so be aware of this seller's practices

I will keep you posted on the outcome.

Image 12022-12-15 at 17.38.47.jpg Screenshot 2022-12-15 173227.png
Maybe it’s me but that fish looks exactly like the one inter photo just different lighting.
what’s your issue with it? That it’s 4.1 and not 4.7 inches? You’re upset about a half inch difference?

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... It's certainly a nice fish not arguing that and putting out on paper to measure isn't cool but.. You won't see very many high end fish at your corner LFS if at all. They aren't willing to take that loss risk and let's face it there aren't very many buyers in the big picture looking to drop that kind of money on a pet fish. That being said the people that buy these aren't impulse buying a pair of Clowns either. They are collectors willing to pay for what they want and the seller didn't do a very good job of the true description. I could see where the buyer would be disappointed here. As a business owner I feel the seller is acting a bit childish myself. Let's just say you bought a "colony" during a live sale it comes in as an overgrown frag. How would you feel? Happens all the time.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 73.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back