Reef Pro Reviews

Wrassenaround

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking about placing an order with Reef Pro and I am very intrigued that their fish are "conditioned". I do not have a QT tank setup and don't want to set one up (space being the reason).

What has the experience been with Reef Pro? Has the livestock been conditioned and healthy when they arrive? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Conditioning a fish just means acclimating them to captivity and getting them to eat prepared foods. I've ordered several fish from Reef Pro all of them arrived in good condition and ate prepared foods right away, but their fish aren't guaranteed to be disease-free since they do not put them through a full treatment protocol. There's always risk involved if you add a non-quarantined fish to your tank.

OP
OP
Wrassenaround

Wrassenaround

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Conditioning a fish just means acclimating them to captivity and getting them to eat prepared foods. I've ordered several fish from Reef Pro all of them arrived in good condition and ate prepared foods right away, but their fish aren't guaranteed to be disease-free since they do not put them through a full treatment protocol. There's always risk involved if you add a non-quarantined fish to your tank.
As much as I don't want to I'll probably end up setting up a QT Tank. I feel that its the most fail safe way to introduce livestock

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as I don't want to I'll probably end up setting up a QT Tank. I feel that its the most fail safe way to introduce livestock
I thing once you set it up you'll be glad you did. That was the case for me when I made the decision to go fallow...actually I had fish dying so the decision was made for me and I had no other choice lol. But once it was set up it was no big deal

Reef Pro

Reef Pro Complete --> Reefprostore.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason I can't edit my post, but I believe it was not Ich, but mucus plugs from shipping stress. I would highly recommend Reefpro.

This Black Tang does not have any Ich, it has been here for nearly 3 months.

As you can see in the photo the fish is flawless, and fat. not a single spec or scratch.
IMG_5104.jpg

IMG_5106.jpg

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to recommend reef pro but they kind of screwed me over on my first order 2 weeks ago.

I won an auction for a pair of blue star female wrasse. I also picked two acro frags since I figure I have to pay shipping for the fishes anyways.

I emailed them after I won the auction that I would like to add an ornate wrasse to my order. Their website shows they have 4 in stock. They emailed me back saying they are out...so then why does the website show 4 in stock? I went back the next day and now stock shows 0. Ok that's fine. Maybe the website is outdated.

And here's when the bait and switch happened....

I get an email after my order was shipped that the female leopard wrasses I won were not in healthy condition. But they shipped my acro frags anyways. They should have held my shipment and offered me a chance to replace the wrasse with another fish order or wait for the next auction to end the next day. I paid shipping for two tiny acro frags. They could have also to ship me my wrasses when more come in stock. But they refused.

Then I check the upcoming auction and they have both the female leopard wrasse and ornate wrasse available for auction. what the heck.

They just lost a customer for life. I am stocking my 200g and will buy my fish elsewhere. I guess my money is not good enough for them.

Reef Pro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to recommend reef pro but they kind of screwed me over on my first order 2 weeks ago.

I won an auction for a pair of blue star female wrasse. I also picked two acro frags since I figure I have to pay shipping for the fishes anyways.

I emailed them after I won the auction that I would like to add an ornate wrasse to my order. Their website shows they have 4 in stock. They emailed me back saying they are out...so then why does the website show 4 in stock? I went back the next day and now stock shows 0. Ok that's fine. Maybe the website is outdated.

I get an email after my order was shipped that the female leopard wrasses I won were not in healthy condition. But they shipped my acro frags anyways. They should have held my shipment and offered me a chance to replace the wrasse with another fish order or wait for the next auction to end the next day. I paid shipping for two tiny acro frags. They could have also to ship me my wrasses when more come in stock. But they refused.

Then I check the upcoming auction and they have both the female leopard wrasse and ornate wrasse available for auction. what the heck.

They just lost a customer for life. I am stocking my 200g and will buy my fish elsewhere. I guess my money is not good enough for them.
Unfortunately with livestock, sometimes fish become sick and we are unable to sell them at the time we pack the order. Rather than sending unhealthy livestock, they are not shipped. We apologize if one of our customer service representatives did not notify you we were unable to fulfill the leopard wrasses. We receive shipments on a daily basis so our inventory is constantly changing. We will issue you a refund for the shipping cost to compensate for the inconvenience.

Thank you

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Black Tang does not have any Ich, it has been here for nearly 3 months.

As you can see in the photo the fish is flawless, and fat. not a single spec or scratch.
IMG_5104.jpg

IMG_5106.jpg
wish u were based in the uk never any black tangs for sale here

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really happy with my purchase. I have 8 large tangs I have carefully acquired over the years who all peacefully co-exist. Introducing this black tang was ultimately thought to be a massive challenge, however due to its size and health I have succeeded. Previously my purple tang was the tank boss. Day 1 he tried remain king. Day 2 the black tang quickly showed his size and strength and the purple tang quickly submit. Day 3 all fish have established pecking order and now co-exist. All zebrasomas sleep, eat, and swim together peacefully.

Attachments

• tangs.jpg
    tangs.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 80

Wildreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’m with you. I’d say 60-70 percent die off from here for me. Wish it was me not knowing what I’m doing , but elsewhere , including the lfs by me that deals with quality marine, only about a 20 percent loss after qt

Wildreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking about placing an order with Reef Pro and I am very intrigued that their fish are "conditioned". I do not have a QT tank setup and don't want to set one up (space being the reason).

What has the experience been with Reef Pro? Has the livestock been conditioned and healthy when they arrive? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Pass

Reef Pro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m with you. I’d say 60-70 percent die off from here for me. Wish it was me not knowing what I’m doing , but elsewhere , including the lfs by me that deals with quality marine, only about a 20 percent loss after qt
Please send us a PM so we can look into this issue. Thank you

nezw0001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently received an interruptus that I won on the auction. Despite his small size he arrived super healthy and sassy. Excellent packaging even in MN winter, good communication. Will order again.

RC Reefer 5184

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have been watching the auctions lately and am on the edge of bidding and buying some fish. I have messaged them and they have been super fast to respond to any questions I toss at them. That is very important to me and hopefully I can have a good experience to come with a fish order.

AlbinoTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check my thread about what I ordered and what I received. The fish was not healthy either. Be careful with this seller he is prone to make false advertisements

Reef Pro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check my thread about what I ordered and what I received. The fish was not healthy either. Be careful with this seller he is prone to make false advertisements
Fish not healthy?? The photo on your thread fish looking perfectly healthy. Beautiful color and fat. This is a false statement.

Reef Pro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please read through the thread.... absolutely ridiculous

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You made your point many times on your own thread, it’s time to move on as it’s almost becoming harassment

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

reading through that thread its absolutely despicable how you treated that fish. Shipping it ground back to them not even bagged properly. You killed a perfectly healthy fish because the size was 0.5” off. You should be banned tbh.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 43 22.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 46 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back