Reef Pro Fully Conditioned Fish Review Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SeaShine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I didn't take note. I followed the acclimation guide they enclosed. The salinity in my quarantine tank .025. Using the drip rate they suggested, it took me about 4 hours to acclimate. I thought it was a long time, but my Pink-Streaked Wrasse showed zero distress and almost a week later is still doing great.

mnat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up the blotchy trio, a pair of helfrichis, and an earl's wrasse last week. All are eating and coming out in the tank and we are very happy with them. Would order again.

Wrassenaround

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have purchased fish from ReefPro 3 times (auction twice) and the specimens have been in amazing shape and even ate the same day of delivery. The only time I had a fish arrive in bad shape was from shipping and I can confidently say that because I saw the UPS driver flip the box while walking up to my house.
They are slow to respond to emails sometimes.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have purchased fish from ReefPro 3 times (auction twice) and the specimens have been in amazing shape and even ate the same day of delivery. The only time I had a fish arrive in bad shape was from shipping and I can confidently say that because I saw the UPS driver flip the box while walking up to my house.
They are slow to respond to emails sometimes.
The Tusk I got from them seemed pretty healthy. Smaller than advertised, so that might be what led to his demise. He disappeared one night. Perhaps my eel got him?

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what happened to these guys. I placed an order, and it never showed. A week later I got a refund.

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what happened to these guys. I placed an order, and it never showed. A week later I got a refund.
They sent me an email early this week saying the following:

I'm sorry to inform you we have to refunded and cancel the order we are currently restructuring our fish part of the business and we are unable to fulfill orders we will let you know once we are ready to accept orders again so you can repurchase the fish if there are still available. Again sorry for the inconvenience.

Wrassenaround

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sent me an email early this week saying the following:

I'm sorry to inform you we have to refunded and cancel the order we are currently restructuring our fish part of the business and we are unable to fulfill orders we will let you know once we are ready to accept orders again so you can repurchase the fish if there are still available. Again sorry for the inconvenience.
That explains a lot of the weirdness lately with them. Thanks for sharing!!

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey all,

Wanted to share my experience with you all. So I originally ordered a male bells flasher wrasse from @Reef Pro. The shipment came well packaged but it came late nearly 4 PM, no fault at all of the vendor. While the vendor was located on the east coast, and I’m on the west coast, Gilbert was readily available over text to help guide me. We tried acclimatizing the fish and after a couple of hours of waiting, we declared the fish DOA. No visible illness on the fish that I could see. Reef pro issued a full refund including shipping. Unfortunately they were out of the bells flasher so instead I decided on a candy basslet and a Yosha gobby. Again great communication with Gilbert, sent me pictures of the fish before shipping. Again everything was well packaged but another DOA, with the package showing up at 430 PM! The basslet was placed in a container in a big. Upon opening the bag after floating it, the basslet was floating upside down. When I looked at it, the fins were moving slightly. I messaged Gilbert again and followed his instructions to slowly acclimate. Unfortunately the fish stayed upside down and by the morning was dead. I reached out to Gilbert who was shocked that 3/3 fish were doa. We discussed that the shipping delay was the issue here. Box was loaded on the truck at 9 am and wasn’t delivered until 4:36 PM. Gilbert explained that they’re not responsible for shipping delays and that insurance was able to be purchased when ordering fish(but I opted out because I’ve never had issues). We reviewed the shipping and both agreed that the shipping from UPS was vague. Packages were “guaranteed by 10:30 am in most major cities but by end of day everywhere else.” Unfortunately UPS did not provide a guaranteed delivery time so Gilbert took ownership and issued a full store credit! He explained how important customer service was to his business and wanted to make sure I was happy. About $1300 in fish that he took an L on to ensure that the customer was happy, find me a vendor willing to do that. We discussed the next shipment and agreed I would place a hold order on the package and just pickup early in the morning to avoid having expensive fish sitting in the back of cold truck for over 8 hours.

I want to highlight that all the fish looked healthy, no sign of illness or parasites. While the fish are held in medicine, no claim of disease free was ever made by reef pro, and they suggested I quarantine all new shipments regardless of being placed in medication for over 30 days. As a small business owner I appreciate the fact that he was willing to take a $1300 loss to ensure his customers had a positive experience. I look forward to doing future business with reefpro simply because of their customer service. I’d rather spend a little more and have amazing customer service, which they delivered, then save some money and have someone who isn’t responsive. I look forward to my next purchase (screw UPS!) and will update after my next delivery. I don’t doubt for a second that reefpro fish are healthy when they ship them and if you have any doubt, email, call or text them and ask for videos and pictures of the fish before you place your order. When I requested pictures of them eating, they provided me tons of pictures and videos to ensure I was happy before placing the order.

In short, UPS sucks, Reef Pro service and dedication to customer service is amazing, and the look of the fish, although DOA, looked like they were shipped healthy and I don’t hold it against reefpro for UPS issues.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Wanted to share my experience with you all. So I originally ordered a male bells flasher wrasse from @Reef Pro. The shipment came well packaged but it came late nearly 4 PM, no fault at all of the vendor. While the vendor was located on the east coast, and I’m on the west coast, Gilbert was readily available over text to help guide me. We tried acclimatizing the fish and after a couple of hours of waiting, we declared the fish DOA. No visible illness on the fish that I could see. Reef pro issued a full refund including shipping. Unfortunately they were out of the bells flasher so instead I decided on a candy basslet and a Yosha gobby. Again great communication with Gilbert, sent me pictures of the fish before shipping. Again everything was well packaged but another DOA, with the package showing up at 430 PM! The basslet was placed in a container in a big. Upon opening the bag after floating it, the basslet was floating upside down. When I looked at it, the fins were moving slightly. I messaged Gilbert again and followed his instructions to slowly acclimate. Unfortunately the fish stayed upside down and by the morning was dead. I reached out to Gilbert who was shocked that 3/3 fish were doa. We discussed that the shipping delay was the issue here. Box was loaded on the truck at 9 am and wasn’t delivered until 4:36 PM. Gilbert explained that they’re not responsible for shipping delays and that insurance was able to be purchased when ordering fish(but I opted out because I’ve never had issues). We reviewed the shipping and both agreed that the shipping from UPS was vague. Packages were “guaranteed by 10:30 am in most major cities but by end of day everywhere else.” Unfortunately UPS did not provide a guaranteed delivery time so Gilbert took ownership and issued a full store credit! He explained how important customer service was to his business and wanted to make sure I was happy. About $1300 in fish that he took an L on to ensure that the customer was happy, find me a vendor willing to do that. We discussed the next shipment and agreed I would place a hold order on the package and just pickup early in the morning to avoid having expensive fish sitting in the back of cold truck for over 8 hours.

I want to highlight that all the fish looked healthy, no sign of illness or parasites. While the fish are held in medicine, no claim of disease free was ever made by reef pro, and they suggested I quarantine all new shipments regardless of being placed in medication for over 30 days. As a small business owner I appreciate the fact that he was willing to take a $1300 loss to ensure his customers had a positive experience. I look forward to doing future business with reefpro simply because of their customer service. I’d rather spend a little more and have amazing customer service, which they delivered, then save some money and have someone who isn’t responsive. I look forward to my next purchase (screw UPS!) and will update after my next delivery. I don’t doubt for a second that reefpro fish are healthy when they ship them and if you have any doubt, email, call or text them and ask for videos and pictures of the fish before you place your order. When I requested pictures of them eating, they provided me tons of pictures and videos to ensure I was happy before placing the order.

In short, UPS sucks, Reef Pro service and dedication to customer service is amazing, and the look of the fish, although DOA, looked like they were shipped healthy and I don’t hold it against reefpro for UPS issues.
That's nice of them to do.

FWIW, I see all the black Friday sales from different vendors. I wouldn't place a fish order anytime between Thanksgiving and Christmas no matter how much I was saving (I'm not saying that you saved anything, just saying that it's irresponsible to ship a live animal when these shipping companies are slinging boxes around).

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's nice of them to do.

FWIW, I see all the black Friday sales from different vendors. I wouldn't place a fish order anytime between Thanksgiving and Christmas no matter how much I was saving (I'm not saying that you saved anything, just saying that it's irresponsible to ship a live animal when these shipping companies are slinging boxes around).
Agreed! I was hoping we were safe from delays. Going to wait until after new years for the next shipment

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

They seemed to have turned over a new leaf after re-set. Good for you and them,

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

A six hour delay should absolutely not result in total DOA repeatedly. That is bizarre.

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received the third order last week. Again UPS issues and packaged arrived a day late but fish was alive.
My stuff never comes until about 1 or 2pm and never seems really impacted by that. When I have losses it's typically due to poor packing resulting in too cold. My last two LA orders came relatively on time, it was maybe 35 to 40 outside, water was low 50s, single heat back already cold, new "envelope" insulation sucks. Cherry Corals under the same conditions, water was mid to high 70s, heat backs still cooking, indeed, I felt the heat packs 36 hours later and it was still noticeably warm!

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My stuff never comes until about 1 or 2pm and never seems really impacted by that. When I have losses it's typically due to poor packing resulting in too cold. My last two LA orders came relatively on time, it was maybe 35 to 40 outside, water was low 50s, single heat back already cold, new "envelope" insulation sucks. Cherry Corals under the same conditions, water was mid to high 70s, heat backs still cooking, indeed, I felt the heat packs 36 hours later and it was still noticeably warm!
Yeah I told them we were having cold weather up by me and to pack extra heat packs. I also had it delivered to a UPS location near my house so at least the package was dropped off early and in a warm place. No clue how my UPS driver handles packages, maybe he was shaking the boxes lol

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The fish arrived yesterday. The heat pack was still warm and the fish were active and colorful, despite the stress of shipping. I followed the acclimation guide that Reef Pro included in the shipping box and they were already swimming around yesterday evening (with the lights out).

They appeared to be healthy with no visible signs of illness or injury.
I want to say that I made an order with @Reef Pro based on your experience because you are somewhat local to me and ordered somewhere around the same time(well, last year). so, coming into this i was expecting lack of communication but i rolled the dice due to their prices….

i made my order last week, and scheduled for delivery today. i ordered 3 fish, received 2 with no communication as to why. the invoice showed an X on the fish i was missing and “CR” which i assume means im getting a credit for it? shipping went fine(as in, the fish arrived on time),and the heat packs were good and water was at a reasonable temp inside the box. but right out of the box one fish looked DOA. on their site they say/imply sometime fish may “play” dead. so i followed acclimation to their instructions from their website. during drip acclimation the fish that looked DOA showed no signs of recovery. basically, in the bag it was floating on its side, breathing VERY slowly. but not swimming. during acclimation it was the exact same BUT did begin breathing normally, however it was still floating on its side. however now it would occasionally swim around but go back to floating(does this indicate swim bladder issues?) the second fish was breathing and moving fine in the bag but looked beat up. tattered. figured it was discolored due to shipping stress. after acclimation of both fish they were moved to an acclimation box for observation. again, first fish was floating yet breathing, occasionally swimming normally to then float. second fish was swimming fine. few hours later, the first fish stopped breathing, and sank. second fish was fine, still swimming. now? first fish is dead and the second is laying on its side not swimming or moving. but it’s breathing.

throughout the process i’ve been providing updates to @Reef Pro but i am worried they’ll respond once both fish die. i hope to not be “compensated” with store credit because i would hate for the next order to end up the same way…and the other reason other than affordability, that i went with them was because i am planning a tank transfer/upgrade down the road so i could’ve used this tank to QT anything while i setup the other

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 134 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back