Reef Pro Salt availability

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a different thread it says they just can’t keep up with demand, but are building a new facility
And yes, the 160 gallon box is a new size being brought over to the US. You will see it everywhere very soon.

vabben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recieved my 160 gallon box from Marine Depot yesterday. Unfortunately UPS wasnt kind to the box during shipping. Box is destroyed and the bag of salt was cut, salt spilling everywhere.

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recieved my 160 gallon box from Marine Depot yesterday. Unfortunately UPS wasnt kind to the box during shipping. Box is destroyed and the bag of salt was cut, salt spilling everywhere.
That's crazy! Those are really nice strong boxes. I'm sure if you contact Marine Depot, they will make good on that.

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lou Ekus
any update on availability?, everywhere i look it's out of stock. I'm also being told by BRS and Saltwater aquarium they will not be getting any for 60 days

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lou Ekus
any update on availability?, everywhere i look it's out of stock. I'm also being told by BRS and Saltwater aquarium they will not be getting any for 60 days
There is a constant supply of product coming into the US. Actually, more than ever. The issue has just been that the demand, at the current time, is outpacing this increase in the supply. So we are working on increasing supply even further. This is happening, and I'm sure we will get ahead of this within the next few months. That all being said, most outlets have a consistent supply coming into them. So I think the 60 day comment is really an overstatement. I'm very sure you will see product in local stores and these online sources much sooner than that.

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a constant supply of product coming into the US. Actually, more than ever. The issue has just been that the demand, at the current time, is outpacing this increase in the supply. So we are working on increasing supply even further. This is happening, and I'm sure we will get ahead of this within the next few months. That all being said, most outlets have a consistent supply coming into them. So I think the 60 day comment is really an overstatement. I'm very sure you will see product in local stores and these online sources much sooner than that.
My LFS was my source to get the Pro salt, the last 6 mths i had better luck getting it than them believe it or not as they told me their supplier can't get it.
This question was posed to BRS on facebook by others and BRS stated customs is holding thing up also.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting the sense that more folks are switching to TM products so more demand is pressuring the supply channel. I'm also starting to see some retailers price higher because they have it available. Of course, I'm no longer ordering from those companies. I've used TM Pro since I started my tank a couple of years ago, but really thinking about finding a more readily available salt.

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting the sense that more folks are switching to TM products so more demand is pressuring the supply channel. I'm also starting to see some retailers price higher because they have it available. Of course, I'm no longer ordering from those companies. I've used TM Pro since I started my tank a couple of years ago, but really thinking about finding a more readily available salt.
I totally understand your concerns. I confident you will see this supply/demand enequality clearing up in the coming months. But I also would understand your frustrations.

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS was my source to get the Pro salt, the last 6 mths i had better luck getting it than them believe it or not as they told me their supplier can't get it.
This question was posed to BRS on facebook by others and BRS stated customs is holding thing up also.
That does happen sometimes. But at least that means it is here and almost to them.

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lou,
I appreciate the responses and understand there is only so much you can do. But as others stated it's getting frustrating. I have used tropic pro for years also. Cause of the unavailability i tried to order or get from LFS months ahead of time. Case it point is where i am right now., but seeing everyone is out i'm fearful i will be forced to try to find a salt that i really do not want. I ordered from a vendor last week, still has not shipped and i see now they are out of stock so this makes me think i'm out of luck now. I also understand your statement we will see a change in the upcoming months, but that does not help us that are in need in weeks not months

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I so don't want to switch but may end up with ESV. I have two LFS that have been trying to get for at least 6 weeks if not 8. BRS has been out of it that long or longer. If it's steadily coming in, how can BRS be out for 2 months?

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I so don't want to switch but may end up with ESV. I have two LFS that have been trying to get for at least 6 weeks if not 8. BRS has been out of it that long or longer. If it's steadily coming in, how can BRS be out for 2 months?
I totally understand the frustration here. And believe me, it is the last thing that Tropic Marin wants to see. I think in the case of BRS, so many people check the "notify me when stock comes in" button, that as soon as stock comes in it is going out. Even if they get a shipment every few weeks, this could happen. As I have said in posts before, and it is as true a statement as I can make, we are starting to see the increased manufacturing capacity, that we have been working so hard on during the past few months, finally starting to make a difference in supply. Realistically, it will still take a few months for us to "catch up". However, we also now have the added complication that many of the sea ports, here in the US, are so backed up and clogged up, that there are also unanticipated delays, once the product get to the US, that are totally out of our control, contributing to stocking issues. This is not the major factor. But it is a new contributor.

But honestly speaking, I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel. I wouldn't have said that even 3 or 4 months ago. Unfortunately, I personally, cannot mix the stuff up in my office and get it to you. The best I can do is be honest, realistic and as transparent as possible in my responses. I am truly sorry that this supply and demand issue has caused any of you hardships and difficulties in your systems. If you deem it necessary to go to other salts at the current time to maintain your systems, I understand, and I hope Tropic Marin can win you back at some point in the future. But please know that at the current time, we are all working overtime to do everything we can to rectify this issue.

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Lou, you are really amazing with your monitoring and response! I and I'm sure others appreciate that!
I've had the "notify me" on with BRS as has my main LFS, so, I don't think they've received any in 6-8 weeks. You might check on that to see if you can help.
Thank you for the reply!
Todd

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bit of a newbie here, and I’m thinking about a backup salt to TM Pro. Why are you thinking ESV would be a good salt to switch to?

Thanks in advance

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's like TP and paper towel, people are panic buying salt right now "just in case" there is never any salt again.
This just may be more accurate than you know. I know of someone here that bought four buckets because he was worried he wouldn’t be able to get when he needed it. He’s has a 40.
I start looking when I get down to a half bucket, but this last time it took me a hour an hour of searching online to fine one place that had two buckets left. I nearly bought them both, but that’s nearly 9 months of salt for me.
I’ll just start looking when I’m down to 2/3’s this time. I’ve gone from doing a water change every 7 days to every 10 days to stretch my salt a little longer.

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bit of a newbie here, and I’m thinking about a backup salt to TM Pro. Why are you thinking ESV would be a good salt to switch to?

Thanks in advance
Another high end salt that mixes fast and clean without residue. I keep 50-100 gallons of saltwater on hand (heated and circulated) and got tired of having to clean the container when using IO or Kent. BRS did a great series on salt mixes.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another high end salt that mixes fast and clean without residue. I keep 50-100 gallons of saltwater on hand (heated and circulated) and got tired of having to clean the container when using IO or Kent. BRS did a great series on salt mixes.
Thanks @TexasTodd ESV seems like a great salt but a lot of work when I only make 15-20G at a time. I’ll go look at the BRS videos. Thx

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back