• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

REEF PRO STORE NOT SELLING HEALTHY CONDITIONED FISH

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Steve180

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping i didn't have to post this, but Reef Pro Store isn't taking ownership of sending me unhealthy fish.

I purchased 3 fish from them for the first time. The listing showed they are conditioned and treated for parasites and diseases.

My shipping got delayed but all 3 fish arrived alive, i matched temperature and did a 6 hour acclimation to make sure they had time to adjust. The powder blue hybrid unfortunately didn't make it, but i was so happy the other 2 did. I put them in the tank and notice white spots on the regal's gill and tail area and the fish had missing bottom fins, the flame angel looked ok, but over a couple days i noticed it pooping a 6 in long white poop so i took these videos and sent over to them. They claimed it was a bacterial infection and for me to qt and treat. Eventually the Regal died and looks like it had internal parasites which killed it from inside out. I attempted to resolve this matter with them but they kept going back to it's not doa. This isn't about doa, this is about you selling unhealthy infected fish.
image_6487327 (3).JPG
image_67181825.JPG

Reef Pro

Reef Pro Complete --> Reefprostore.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear Reef2Reef Community,
According to our conditioning policy clearly stated on the front page of our website we do not sell fully quarantined fish. Nowhere on our website does it guarantee our fish are disease or parasite-free. All DOA, unsatisfactions, and items not as described claims must be submitted within 2 hours of delivery of your order. Once the fish enters buyer aquarium there are many factors that are completely out of our control such as environment conditions, feeding regiments ect. buyer package was delivered Thursday, October 21 at 2:26 PM EST. The first time reached out to us in concern with your fish was 10/25, 4 days after your package was delivered. This is completely out of our window to report any kind of DOA, item not a described claims or unsatisfactions. Clearly stated on our DOA policy, located on the front page of our website, “Not under any circumstances does Reef Pro Store give refunds” buyer agreed to the terms and conditions of this policy when purchasing the fish, in addition to signing he agreed to these terms on 10/19/2021 1:28 PM EST. Furthermore, buyer package was delayed by the carrier. According to our DOA, we do not cover any carrier-related delays. Our DOA clearly states, “Reef Pro Store cannot be held liable for any delays by the shipping company”. Buyer acknowledged he agreed to the terms and conditions of our DOA policy on 10/19/2021 at 1:28 PM EST. Secondly, we offer livestock protection insurance that covers any loss due to carrier-related delays however according to the electronic signature Buyer signed he declined the purchase of this additional insurance which would have covered you against the DOA of the fish.

Regal Angelfish are incredibly sensitive animals, when stressed and not placed in the proper environment have health problems. Clearly we did not ship a fish like this as Buyer would have indicated concern upon receiving the specimen. This fish developed a bacterial infection while in Buyer aquarium whether that be due to aggression from other fish, overall stress, water chemistry, diet ect. Our claims department has determined this is not something that can be covered as the development of this bacterial infection was completely out of the hand of Reef Pro Store and occurred in Mr Luong's aquarium. As stated on our website, we recommend all hobbyist quarantine all new arrival to ensure no parasites or protozoans enter the aquarium.

The regal angelfish that was shipped to Buyer remained at our facility for 16 days prior to shipping to him. This specimen was extremely healthy prior to shipping. In addition, we currently have several regal angelfish that are still here at our facility from the same batch that are very healthy as well.

We did try to offer Buyer a partial refund even-though that is not coherent with our policy's as we wanted to resolve these problems ,however, Buyer would not accept our offer. We value our customers greatly and want all our customers to have a pleasurable experience shopping with us, as our thousands of repeat customers do.

Please find attached all supporting evidence showing Buyer agreed to the terms of conditions of our company policy's as well as declined the livestock protection insurance we offered him.

Thank you

Attachments

• DOA Policy.pdf
    145.2 KB · Views: 79
  • DOA Insurance.pdf
    231.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Reef Pro's Conditioning Protocol.pdf
    344.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited by a moderator:
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back