Reef Radiance Review

coralcrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was struggling for weeks as to what light would be illuminating my new 24x24 frag tank. After much deliberation I decided to go with the Reef Radiance DM-155e. Rick gives amazing customer service and really makes the process easy while answering all 300 hundred questions I asked.

I have had many led fixtures over the year and this light easily performs on par if not better then the big brand names at a much lower cost. I cannot express how happy I am with the light. Buy with confidence.

I have mine about 8 inches above the water line and at full power I was getting 850+ par on a 12 inch tall tank. I will easily be able to grow any coral I want.

Thanks again Rick and Reef Radiance.

Mstanker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought/got the RR pro 180, its about 14 inches over my tank but i have not added any coral yet since the tank is only 18 days old. I also am very happy with my light too. Hope the par is the same or higher over my 40g breeder.

Mstanker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not taking over your topic but has anyone seen a lighting schl. for these reef radiance lights? Does everyone just set the timer to slowly increase the white/blue lights and then cap out at what % for a new tank with one fish. haha.

OP
OP
C

coralcrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not taking over your topic but has anyone seen a lighting schl. for these reef radiance lights? Does everyone just set the timer to slowly increase the white/blue lights and then cap out at what % for a new tank with one fish. haha.

Do you have any corals? What corals do you plan on keeping?

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running the Pro 180 on my new 40B. Transferred corals from my 26g T5HO.

Unit is 12 1/2" from surface. 25" from SB.
Channel 1 on @10am @5%
Channel 2 on @9am @ 10%
Ramping is at 60min @5% up & down.
Channel 1 max is 20%
Channel 2 max is 30%
Channel 3 @ 10% from 8pm til 11pm

I've had no bleaching nor browning of any of my LPS or SPS. Every one is very happy :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403120007.156224.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403120094.806069.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403120134.162560.jpg

Last edited:

EllisJuan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is just a personal chart that's working for him. He doesn't say how high his lights are hung, tank size, nothing! Absolutely no help.

Nana, I am the one that modified that Exel program for the Lumentek. You input the intensity you want and it populates the steps cells. It is not just a chart of what is working for one person. Read the instructions in the first 4 lines of the sheets.

Last edited:

newlyreefd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running the Pro 180 on my new 40B. Transferred corals from my 26g T5HO.

Unit is 12 1/2" from surface. 25" from SB.
Channel 1 on @10am @5%
Channel 2 on @9am @ 10%
Ramping is at 60min @5% up & down.
Channel 1 max is 20%
Channel 2 max is 30%
Channel 3 @ 10% from 8pm til 11pm

I've had no bleaching nor browning of any of my LPS or SPS. Every one is very happy :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403120007.156224.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403120094.806069.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403120134.162560.jpg
I'm going to give this a try as I am having bleaching and browning. Since moved my SPS to the sand.

Last edited:

zwulfke

Reefer Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is in Microsoft excel it may be your settings try to save it and see if it will open I have virus scan plugins on my site plus a lot of people have downloaded it from my site I am up to over 2000 downloads

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nana, I am the one that modified that Exel program for the Lumentek. You input the intensity you want and it populates the steps cells. It is not just a chart of what is working for one person. Read the instructions in the first 4 lines of the sheets.

I did read the instructions thank you very much. Still for acclimating corals that have been under T5's for 3yrs (in my case) the intensity is to much. Also it doesn't address the hight of the unit. I don't believe there is a universal chart that can be used by all. Every setup is unique and when it comes to LED's they should be treated as such.

zwulfke

Reefer Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did read the instructions thank you very much. Still for acclimating corals that have been under T5's for 3yrs (in my case) the intensity is to much. Also it doesn't address the hight of the unit. I don't believe there is a universal chart that can be used by all. Every setup is unique and when it comes to LED's they should be treated as such.

it may not give a height or acclamation information or even specific intensity BUT>>>>>>
it is a tool to help you program out the time on the light.
Yes everyone's tank is different and they should be smart enough to be aware that they need to keep in mind the fact they need to acclimate correctly. I am sure a lot of Reefradience or any LED customer for that much learned this.
I know I had some bleaching at first and issues and with time, patience, tools and fellow LED users I was able to work through my issue and now am very happy with my choice in lighting.
I feel if it burns your corals then you know you have more than enough light and can dial back a bit.
currently I only run 50% w 60%b on both blue at peak this is more than enough for my tank.

As always to Rick would be happy t help you as well send him a email or call him up.

Last edited:

EllisJuan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you talking about? The chart does not tell you what intensity you should run your lights at. You enter what maximum intensity you want to run them at and it tells you the intensities to enter for certain times to achieve the Sine curve. It does not recommend anything. It is simply a tool to help with the programming of the light once you decide what intensity your tank needs.

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys relax. I didn't select the individual time tabs-lol! NOW I understand the chart much better! But 1 question? Does the hight of your lights change the charts settings?
I'm sorry if I'm making this harder on you all then it has to be. I am new to LED's & all the jargon that comes with them. Sometimes we need patients for more then just our tanks. Thanks for understanding :)

Last edited:
Back