Reef Radiance?

TheDude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this company still exist? I have 2 of their 165-p lights and can't connect to them. I have tried just about everything I can think of including both android and iOS platforms. I tried to reset and nothing works. I called them but their number does not work and they have yet to return any of my emails.

If anyone has an idea of how I can connect I would love to hear it.

thanks

Paul Balli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read last week that other forum members were wondering what happened to Reef Radiance. Rev mentioned they were no longer a sponsor and that's all he knew.

OP
OP
TheDude

TheDude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply.
I will try that email and see if I get through.

Yesterday I tried the 165-P app from the website for the android. I found Dim5 for ios. the android will not let me enter anything while the ios version will at least allow me to enter stuff but I still cannot connect.

Paul Balli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem...for what it's worth, the thread was in the LED lighting specific section under a thread titled "Reef Radiance led light OMG what a light." Good luck.

rainmaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am useing Aqdim3 in the App Store on a iPhone but don't know if it matters what kind of phone

OP
OP
TheDude

TheDude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So still no response, I guess they went out of business? I will keep trying to get them to work but have almost given up hope. This is one of the reason's I choose to go with major brand names in this hobby, accountability is almost always there. Thanks for your help guys.

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, Rick from Reef Radiance. We are still in business - just not sponsoring R2R right now. Recently changes were made to the Android operating system which has made it problematic in programming Starfire lights using your Samsung phone. The manufacturer is aware of this issue and is working on changing their software so that Android users are able to use their phones to program or make changes in programming after it is initially programmed. I apologize for the confusion - this is a recent issue and we have been trying for the last several weeks to get this done. What users have done successfully while we are working on this is to use an Apple product to program their Starfire light - there is no problem with Apple products in initially programming or changing the program in your Starfire lights. I apologize for being absent from the forum - I assume that we would receive any posts that had our name in it - just like when we were a sponsor - and could respond then. Apparently that is not the case qhen you are just a member - or I have not set it up so - so I will start checking this forum regularly to make sure I am in touch with our customer base. We have started sending out emails suggesting the apple solution to customers who have contacted us about the issue with the Android software and the Starfire model. We are working on a brand new product line - still in the industry - and will roll it out shortly. We took a sabatical from advertising here during that period as we are not pushing lighting sales right now - but when we roll out the new products - you will see us back here as a sponsor just like we have been for years............

Keep Reefing!

Rick Schott
Founder
Reef Radiance

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just emailed Dave Hammontree and asked how to set up automatic notification when someone posts about us - this will make it much easier to get back to members quickly. Hopefully this can be done here and then I will know when someone posts with a question or concern......

Take care,

Rick

OldDoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen 2 posts on you tube about the 165 light's controller failing to connect to Aqdim. I make 3, and in my case I tried iOS and Android versions. I have emailed Rick directly, and submitted a SRO, but no response. Very frustrating!

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen 2 posts on you tube about the 165 light's controller failing to connect to Aqdim. I make 3, and in my case I tried iOS and Android versions. I have emailed Rick directly, and submitted a SRO, but no response. Very frustrating!

Hi OldDoc, can you PM me your name - no way to respond to this unless I know your name.........(-:

badonkadonk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may not be of much help for those with Android connectivity issues, but I still use an old Nexus 4 phone and I've not had trouble connecting (programming - yes, I still don't understand how to get one light to control the other - the clocks on one or both seem way off - which is what brought me to this page). So the Nexus 4 stopped getting Android OS updates at Kit Kat, I think, so maybe you could try rolling back to one of the older OSs, or it might be easier to find an old phone w the old OS and try that. I might be totally off base with this though...

Gsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi just got one from someone and im having trouble connecting has there been a solution or a new app?

OP
OP
TheDude

TheDude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard from the owner once and never never got anywhere with him. I gave up and just bought new lights from a reputable company that has been around for several years to avoid this again.

Gsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard from the owner once and never never got anywhere with him. I gave up and just bought new lights from a reputable company that has been around for several years to avoid this again.
Thanks there good lights i dont mind doing it by hand but no big deal

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t find the aqdim5 app what happened to it. Says not in the app store

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, it’s happened too me too now on my iPhone 6 .. app try’s too connect then I get a message not in AppStore !!!
Can’t find the app anywhere now ..
is there an alternative??

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back