Reef Raft USA 12hr Livesale JUN 28th

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, nice score! Color looks pretty decent on them all too. Do you have the colony photos of the Poisonberry and Wannabe by any chance? I don't think I've seen those.

Wannabe was a wysiwyg frag and I haven't seen the colony but here's the Poison Berry. I had a frag of Orange Passion too but it didn't make the trip :(

Sig18-2.jpg

EuroGti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my frags about a hour ago. Not looking too good :(
2 of the frags have tissue loss at the tips and base. I didn't dip those 2 frags hoping not to induce anymore stress. 1 of the acro frags is also full of barnacles. The rest of the bunch looks really rough too. Sent reef raft a email. Hopefully I hear back. Going to take some pictures now.

Hopefully some of this stuff pulls trough. I have 10 frags total and about 50% of those are looking really rough. I'm starting to think they got to hot. There was no ice pack or anything in my cooler and the water was pretty hot.

Last edited:

nova65ss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two of my six were doa also waiting for a reply back here are three of the others. Two signature and a grey goose

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got mine today! All of them made the trip very well! Still have lights out, but I'll get pics up when I can. Everything was packaged well and a few of them had PE while still being acclimated. Great job Reef Raft!!

broodc2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone confirm that they are just getting run-of-the-mill hair algae and not anything more nasty?

I agree fresh cuts and algae are not welcomed. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt for now as this is my first ever order from RR. Verdict is really out until I get my delivery though.

I will give them credit though. They had no problem with delaying shipping of my order to allow for the fresh cuts to heal. All I did was simply ask in an email. So in that regard they have been very accommodating. I will, however, ask that the GHA is removed prior to boxing. I too would expect more since some of these pieces for sale were priced high, even at the sale price. Thankfully I limited myself to mostly $5-$10 pieces and the acro pack which comes out to $17.50 a piece, not including shipping. That's not a bad deal and typical of what I could get off of a reefer locally if they had these pieces. If I was someone who spent big money on the "signature" pieces and they came DOA with no cool packs, completely discolored, and/or full of algae on the plug, I'd be upset. I did spend some dough on one of the ultra chalice frags they put up at the end of the sale though. I hope that makes the trip OK. The algae does bother me. Hopefully they are willing to peroxide dip those pieces from my order that they can and otherwise try to remove as much algae as possible on everything else.

EuroGti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone here heard back about a Doa? I have 3 frags that came in really bad. Two of them are goners for sure. They had lost a lot of tissue on the ride. 1 may be ok. Seems like it hasn't lost anymore tissue or it atleast slowed down. I still can't believe they didn't ship with a ice pack in summer. When u spend this type of money, you would hope all precautions are taken. Im fine with just getting new frags if that's the case.

jsanchez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The worse thing I found was a nudibranch on the watermelon zoanthids and a few tiny bristle worms on my rainbow acan.

nova65ss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What were the signatures?
Sorry I should of said the pic is two sigs and a grey goose. Goose on left blue flame middle and right is yellow submarine. The two doas I do not know what they were they were tony picks.

broodc2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The worse thing I found was a nudibranch on the watermelon zoanthids and a few tiny bristle worms on my rainbow acan.

I wouldn't hold it against them for the hitch hikers. With the amount of turnover in their stock and vast number of frags they handle as a business it's not possible to eradicate everything that comes in. Everyone should dip, no matter what. I will just hold them accountable for the things they can most definitely control. That being sending fresh cut frags and algae on the plugs.

Here's to hoping I get neither!

jsanchez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't upset about the nudibranch at all. I know they probably get fresh coral all the time th at comes with hitchhickers. I dipped and have them in QT right now. I was upset about the hair algae though, but my hermits destroyed all traces of it within minutes (no algae in my tank for them to eat).

deerhunter06

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here's my order

also got a dantes inferno but not really much color to it so I wont bother posting a pic of it

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow you guys are freaking me out. My order comes In Saturday and I hope they come In okay.

D maul

Well know lightsabre
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My order came in on Tuesday 3 out of the 4 were in great condition the rr wildcat was the best very nice the blueberry acro doesn't look good at all today plug was filled with hair algae also only one though.I did send multiple emails that I was unable to get the 25$ off from shipping module but they never reply back guess the sale over out the 25 bucks.

shlap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow you guys are freaking me out. My order comes In Saturday and I hope they come In okay.

Just make sure you tell FedEx to hold for pickup so you can go pick it up right away in the morning. I haven't had any issues since I started doing this.

Touring

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant belive you guys are paying that much for these coral and they are coming in like that....hitchhikers,algae,fresh cut..... thats crazy

I would be extremly upset. I do have anger issues.... at least thats what the wife says...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back