Reef Raft USA 12hr Livesale JUN 28th

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

mr_bigl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sig9_zpsc055cb09.jpg

Sig8_zps2bfd6ab5.jpg

Sig7_zps80462934.jpg

The one!

OP
OP
Reef Raft USA

Reef Raft USA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we only got a couple days left....so hurry and get your shipping module and receive a $25 coupon to use during the livesale......

shipping module

prime8reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QUOTE:
"To qualify for GRAND prize, you must Make a regular purchase and every regular purchase item will get you a ticket into the drawing. You must check in every hour for the entire 12 hours"

Does this mean that I must buy one regular priced piece every hour, on top of making a post every hour for the 12 hour duration?
Absolutely sick sick SSSICK pieces btw. I think I would fall over and look like my last fish that went carpet surfing, if I actually won the grand prize! Lol!!!
Thanks in advance RR!!

OP
OP
Reef Raft USA

Reef Raft USA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QUOTE:
"To qualify for GRAND prize, you must Make a regular purchase and every regular purchase item will get you a ticket into the drawing. You must check in every hour for the entire 12 hours"

Does this mean that I must buy one regular priced piece every hour, on top of making a post every hour for the 12 hour duration?
Absolutely sick sick SSSICK pieces btw. I think I would fall over and look like my last fish that went carpet surfing, if I actually won the grand prize! Lol!!!
Thanks in advance RR!!

You need to check in every hour for 12 hour to qualify and with any regular purchase you will get an extra ticket into the drawing to improve your chance of winning the grand prize

broodc2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't think you really want to know.........Their stuff is worth it thou =).

This is the only response to my question haha. Not a good sign. I did some researching. I am going to assume the following and I'll leave it up to everyone to correct me if I'm wrong. Again, without the ability to get any information from the RR website I took a look back at RR postings and have concluded the following:

1. For acropora frags of around 1 inch, the typical retail cost from RR is between $250 and $350
2. With the livesale advertisement, hypothetically we could see these pieces offered fore sale from $63 - $88 for a 1 inch frag (75% off)
3. The acros seem to be the most in-demand coral from RR so I'm thinking there won't be many acros offered at a full 75% off price
4. I can assume if I want a frag of RR acropora during this livesale each piece will more likely be offered in the $100+ range

RR if this information is incorrect please feel free to interject. If these assumptions hold true I may be priced out of this live sale even at live sale prices! Good luck to all and happy hunting.

PRomero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the only response to my question haha. Not a good sign. I did some researching. I am going to assume the following and I'll leave it up to everyone to correct me if I'm wrong. Again, without the ability to get any information from the RR website I took a look back at RR postings and have concluded the following:

1. For acropora frags of around 1 inch, the typical retail cost from RR is between $250 and $350
2. With the livesale advertisement, hypothetically we could see these pieces offered fore sale from $63 - $88 for a 1 inch frag (75% off)
3. The acros seem to be the most in-demand coral from RR so I'm thinking there won't be many acros offered at a full 75% off price
4. I can assume if I want a frag of RR acropora during this livesale each piece will more likely be offered in the $100+ range

RR if this information is incorrect please feel free to interject. If these assumptions hold true I may be priced out of this live sale even at live sale prices! Good luck to all and happy hunting.

Your correct, the discounts are up to 75% but may mostly be in the lower to mid end. I've done other live sales and generally the dicounted prices are in the 40%-50% from retail range however they tend to be on the larger side of normal sized frags and fully healed. What this means is the following: example - if you buy fresh cut 1" SPS frag at retail $200 and you have to wait 2-4 weeks of heal time vs. live sale price of fully healed SPS with base growing 1.50" frag at $120 clearly your getting 1.5-2 times the amount of coral and at 40% discount and you get it next week, winning!! Lol, hope I helped in your decision to participate in this or other live sales or to skip them all together.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Based on previous live sales, I can vouch for there being items that will be much less expensive than that. There will be lots of stuff from high end to budget pieces. Some stuff I got last time was $5-$10 (or occasionally even less). You shouldn't expect to see baller pieces like the wolverine, D-Day, or maleficent at $10-$20, but I'm assuming that if that's your budget point, you aren't looking for those specific pieces anyway. :tongue:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Your correct, the discounts are up to 75% but may mostly be in the lower to mid end. I've done other live sales and generally the dicounted prices are in the 40%-50% from retail range however they tend to be on the larger side of normal sized frags and fully healed. What this means is the following: example - if you buy fresh cut 1" SPS frag at retail $200 and you have to wait 2-4 weeks of heal time vs. live sale price of fully healed SPS with base growing 1.50" frag at $120 clearly your getting 1.5-2 times the amount of coral and at 40% discount and you get it next week, winning!! Lol, hope I helped in your decision to participate in this or other live sales or to skip them all together.

Definitely spot-on assessment. I'd just add that RR does have plenty of pieces that are less than the signature pieces retail value, so those will be available and discounted too.

broodc2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cool, thanks. Was hoping to put together a nice pack of SPS to justify shipping. Thinking that will be around $650+. I don't know if I've got the coin for that right now. Sounds like a great deal though when compared to retail price of around $1,400+. I will most likely watch with envy.

neuro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to check in every hour for 12 hour to qualify and with any regular purchase you will get an extra ticket into the drawing to improve your chance of winning the grand prize

I asked this earlier, but I don't think you saw it:

Is "local pickup" from the norcal or the socal location? I'm assuming socal?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I'm thinking socal too, since that's where Tony is located (though I think both stores are his). He'll have to confirm.

OP
OP
Reef Raft USA

Reef Raft USA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This sell is for our SoCal store local pick up....but if you buy shipping module now, you will get a $25 coupon.... Shipping work out to only $24 for as many coral as you like:)

OP
OP
Reef Raft USA

Reef Raft USA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are all the acros in the previews considered "signature?"

Preview coral... Some are new release and some are WYSIWYG acro frag..... About 500 acro frag will be wysiwyg fully heal and large frag..... Price range from $5 to $80...

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.3%
Back