Reef Rock 2.0 or should they work on a 3.0?

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say I'm not a fan. I only obtained 11lbs. as I'm starting up a new tank. I can say that it does come from Fiji because it was wrapped with Fijian newspapers. I may go through the property listings portion and see what's available. So yay for packaging? Either that, or someone bought a bunch of overseas newspapers for cheap and packed them here at the great ol' USA. ;)
My quarrel is that I can't really scape with this. Not to my liking anyway. Rock walls aren't my thing. I could break it up further I suppose. All pieces are nearly the same size with the exception of one piece. The purple is unnatural in my opinion. I've not seen very many rocks in a reef that has been completely covered by coralline or at least to this extent.

Now I'm at a loss as to what to do. I feel like I gambled and I've lost.

DSC07935-2.jpg

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like you got what was left out of a certain pile of rocks. I have all Reef Rock in my tank and they look amazing. Really cool pieces and shapes and great vibrant color. I'm sorry man... this sucks. The kicker? I didn't even pay for mine, I won it in a raffle.

OP
OP
MrDJeep123

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow you got a bunch of cow patties...

I was going to say you can break them but they would still look dull.

That was similar to my first thoughts upon seeing these.

Seems like you got what was left out of a certain pile of rocks. I have all Reef Rock in my tank and they look amazing. Really cool pieces and shapes and great vibrant color. I'm sorry man... this sucks. The kicker? I didn't even pay for mine, I won it in a raffle.

I certainly got something. Fortunately for you you didn't have to pay. That's always a good thing.

Fuel1976

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree the sizes and shapes could vary more. My tank has great coralline algae so the color blends well. IMO it's good (expensive) base rock. Wish they had (at my LFS) more sizes and shapes.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back