Reef roids and feeding Corals

Mr marine

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone

I am seriously thinking of reef roids but my nitrates are rather high already Will this increase them even more

once a week I use Red Sea part AB nutrition

Plus once a week I chop up a prawn to feed my bubble coral would hammers frogspawns and torches also eat a chopped up prawn

thanks everyone

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anytime i use Reef Roids I get more of an increase in phosphates....not as much with my nitrates. I also always get an algae bloom anytime I dose Reef Roids......I now just stick to Reef Chili.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anytime i use Reef Roids I get more of an increase in phosphates....not as much with my nitrates. I also always get an algae bloom anytime I dose Reef Roids......I now just stick to Reef Chili.

Phosphates. Yep. That’s what I meant. It’s too early, no coffee yet and just2 hrs of sleep. By the way I corrected my post. Thank you

hyeclass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to have high phosphates when feeding reef roids, now I feed the same day as a water change and don’t have that issue anymore

you can use a rowaphos phosguard, if you phosphate is very high use phosguard, then use rowaphos, another wise you'll end up wasting rowaphos, sure is expansive down the line, i went thru 150 less than 3 months, it's not worth it, then i bought the $115 aquamaxx ht remover, i am hoping that should last me long time

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can use a rowaphos phosguard, if you phosphate is very high use phosguard, then use rowaphos, another wise you'll end up wasting rowaphos, sure is expansive down the line, i went thru 150 less than 3 months, it's not worth it, then i bought the $115 aquamaxx ht remover, i am hoping that should last me long time
I wouldnt really recommend using a phosphate remover if it can be avoided

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use reef roids and feed every other day with them, my phosphate are high and my nitrates are stable. I suggest doing some info on other brands other than reef roids, as they do FATTEN your coral up, they just mess your params up unless you do water changes the day of feeding.

hyeclass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use reef roids and feed every other day with them, my phosphate are high and my nitrates are stable. I suggest doing some info on other brands other than reef roids, as they do FATTEN your coral up, they just mess your params up unless you do water changes the day of feeding.
when was the last time you tested your phosphate? 0.??

thought

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is great info, I want to bring my PO4 up just a little from 0 for enhanced color, maybe reefroids is the way to go for this. However, if they go too far, I’ll think about switching to another product.

hyeclass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is great info, I want to bring my PO4 up just a little from 0 for enhanced color, maybe reefroids is the way to go for this. However, if they go too far, I’ll think about switching to another product.

you got any fish in your tank? if not, how you lower your phosphate?

wenliu51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven't purchased the reef roids, then go with the reef chili (or what others recommend). I do use reef roids but I also have to check phosphates weekly and dose my Phosphat-E by Brightwell. Of course using phosphate removers is not ideal if it could be avoided. But, there is a phosphate calculator if you decide to:

thought

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you got any fish in your tank? if not, how you lower your phosphate?
I only have a few fish atm, it’s a smaller tank. Also I have algae issues so I am carefully dosing vibrant. The algae and vibrant are keeping NO3 and PO4 at 0.0, so want to work toward feeding my corals more heavily to bring those up, just a little

hyeclass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am running
If you haven't purchased the reef roids, then go with the reef chili (or what others recommend). I do use reef roids but I also have to check phosphates weekly and dose my Phosphat-E by Brightwell. Of course using phosphate removers is not ideal if it could be avoided. But, there is a phosphate calculator if you decide to:

Brightwell do make great products, plus i pay so much money using rowaphos, but that's just better then dosing.

hyeclass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have a few fish atm, it’s a smaller tank. Also I have algae issues so I am carefully dosing vibrant. The algae and vibrant are keeping NO3 and PO4 at 0.0, so want to work toward feeding my corals more heavily to bring those up, just a little

5 months ago i use to have bad i mean really bad agle issue under the rocks not on the top brown algae using vibrant wow did clean the system, bleached my sps fyi

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These research papers might be helpful in deciding whether or not to feed and if you do what to feed.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back