Reef roids and Vermetid snails

  • Thread starter Thread starter allieW
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

allieW

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2024
Messages
47
Reaction score
32
Location
Midlothian
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! Wondering your thoughts on stopping using reef roids when trying to get rid of Vermetid snails. I have tons of vermetid snails and I don’t personally like them. I know several of you do like them but I don’t. and I know they are helpful (I don’t think so but whatever). Anyway my question is…. Should I not be using reef roids because that seems like it would just feed the VS?? I’m trying to weigh the pros and cons?? Thoughts? TYIA
 
I found reefroids did indeed drive vermetids wild & fairly quickly the tank was full of snotty gunk.
Coral snow is effective at clogging them up and seemed to have finished off my population of vermetids.
The DIY recipe is fine.
Not much point in paying for the premium KZ stuff for same effect
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new