Reef RX

FrugalReeferJon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2021
Messages
4,716
Reaction score
29,290
Location
San Diego, CA via Charleston, SC
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used this product and how is it? Hardly anyone sells it and I can’t find one single review on it.

7A27E9BA-432C-4919-8BFC-64637D85220C.jpeg
 
It's my product......very safe to use, reef safe.....can dose into our tank 2-3 days and then do your water change. Works awesome on euphyllia and other corals.....will also treat cyano bacteria...wink wink......
 
Upvote 0
I have a few corals which have white growths on them that don’t come off if blown. The pics are of my lobophyllia, favia and monti cap. There are a few others. My phosphates are a little high at 0.25 other than that my parameters are within range.

temp: 78
Salinity: 1.025
Nitrate: 13
Calcium: 420
Alk: 9.6
Magnesium: 1500
pH: 8.0

I believe that this is some kind of bacterial infection that they have and I was just wondering if it would be worth it to try this product out. I’ve dipped my corals a few times already with Seachem reef dip but the white spots just don’t go away.
 

Attachments

  • AEC338A8-8560-45F0-8162-E7B5F09E7EBF.jpeg
    AEC338A8-8560-45F0-8162-E7B5F09E7EBF.jpeg
    210.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 510DF589-3EC9-4607-B5DD-4649D7B0DD0D.jpeg
    510DF589-3EC9-4607-B5DD-4649D7B0DD0D.jpeg
    148.2 KB · Views: 73
Upvote 0
Do the 3-day treatment and hope it helps. Treat in the morning.....water change 2-3 days after....keep water flow going well and watch your ph.
 
Upvote 0
It's my product......very safe to use, reef safe.....can dose into our tank 2-3 days and then do your water change. Works awesome on euphyllia and other corals.....will also treat cyano bacteria...wink wink......
Hi I know this is an older thread, However I am planning to use Reef-RX to treat brown jelly infections on my torch. Is it okay to use with macro-algae? What does it do to macro-algae like chaeto and red gracilaria?
 
Upvote 0
It's my product......very safe to use, reef safe.....can dose into our tank 2-3 days and then do your water change. Works awesome on euphyllia and other corals.....will also treat cyano bacteria...wink wink......
Hi I know this is an older thread, However I am planning to use Reef-RX to treat brown jelly infections on my torch. Is it okay to use with macro-algae? What does it do to macro-algae like chaeto and red gracilaria?
I used it to eradicate caulerpa. It completely wiped it out. But my chaeto was not affected at all. Hope that helps!
 
Upvote 0
Hi I know this is an older thread, However I am planning to use Reef-RX to treat brown jelly infections on my torch. Is it okay to use with macro-algae? What does it do to macro-algae like chaeto and red gracilaria?
Should be ok but can be sensitive to Ph drops. Dose in the am, along with you might want to add some Ph buffer before treating if you don’t have a good level.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new