Reef safe putty?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Danny N
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Danny N

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2015
Messages
96
Reaction score
51
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a putty I can use to glue my frag onto a rock? The bottom of my frag is super jagged and I'm having a hard time finding enough surface area to get a good bond to any rock. I would love to find a putty I could mold to fit the bottom and glue the frag to the putty, create a nice flat surface on the bottom, then glue the putty to a rock.
 
Aquastick is cheapest on amazon Superglue gel/frag/putty/superglue gel/mount
 
I make a mold of the frag site with AquaStik and then super glue it to the rock work so it will stay. Then as you mentioned, make the putty into a shape of your frag plug. Super glue the plug to the putty and it make a secure anchor for your frag. A little more work but it stays where you put it!
 
I make a mold of the frag site with AquaStik and then super glue it to the rock work so it will stay. Then as you mentioned, make the putty into a shape of your frag plug. Super glue the plug to the putty and it make a secure anchor for your frag. A little more work but it stays where you put it!

I do that too!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new