Reef Science fair project ideas

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang why haven’t I thought of that, basically a simpler version of doing it with corals
Also not considered animals, so no worries on that front either.

I am sure @Tigahboy and @Subsea could chime in and provide some idea for typ of macro, a simple easy to duplicate setup, etc.

OP
OP
|Tom the Bomb|

|Tom the Bomb|

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also not considered animals, so no worries on that front either.

I am sure @Tigahboy and @Subsea could chime in and provide some idea for typ of macro, a simple easy to duplicate setup, etc.
Only experience with macros are the caulerpa that’s in my fuge I got a week ago, already had grown a lot

anyways I was thinking I could just get some 1 gallon containers from ikea or 5 gallon buckets And put a large panel grow light over it and for flow just a bubbler…
And dose brightwells nitrate and phosphate supplements?

am I missing anything else?

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tom,

In Oceeneering, The Redfield Ratio of 16:1 is a constant for N:p in phytoplankton the world wide. This ratio varies with macroalgae and approaches 100:1 in some species. Because I was selling ediable seaweed, I had it analyzed for mineral content by a regional agriculture lab. Gracilaria Parvispora, Red Ogo has a N:p ratio of 30:1;

P-2. Routine Plant Tissue Testing​

$27.50 USD​

This is a great entry point for plant testing! Send us a sample, following directions for your individual crop. We’ll test your sample for nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, sulfur, zinc, iron, manganese, copper, boron and molybdenum. You’ll receive a complete report of your results, allowing you to adjust management techniques accordingly.

W-5. Household Complete Mineral Test​

We offer a package that includes the cost of this test, plus a convenient testing kit that includes shipping labels and packaging.

Bicarbonate, Calcium, Carbonate, Chloride, Fluoride, Iron, Magnesium, Nitrate, Potassium, Sodium, Sulfate, Total Hardness (Lime), Total Alkalinity, Electrical Conductivity, pH, Est. Total Dissolved Solids

$30.00 USD
(sample analysis only)

Back