View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank in 20 Gallons -
My plan for stocking is:
A pair of O Clowns
A yellow or green clown goby

I know I can probably fit one more, what would you guys go for? The tank is going to be for Soft Corals so the fish need to be Coral safe :) I was thinking either an Azure Damsel, A Talbots Damsel, A chalk bass, A royal Gramma or a V Puffer (I know the puffer isn’t 100% reef safe).

What would you choose? Anything of that list or other suggestions are welcome :)

TangGang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank in 20 Gallons -
My plan for stocking is:
A pair of O Clowns
A yellow or green clown goby

I know I can probably fit one more, what would you guys go for? The tank is going to be for Soft Corals so the fish need to be Coral safe :) I was thinking either an Azure Damsel, A Talbots Damsel, A chalk bass, A royal Gramma or a V Puffer (I know the puffer isn’t 100% reef safe).

What would you choose? Anything of that list or other suggestions are welcome :)
I wouldn’t touch damsels due to aggression, especially because clownfish aren’t the nicest fish ever either. Clowns can get very territorial, my breeding pair would chase out my old 10+ inch hippo tang when he got near their home. Also royal grammas like their space, and with clownfish too I’d say it’s a risk for the royal. Chalk bass is a better idea IMO, and I don’t put puffers in reefs with inverts. If u have sand I would get a wheeler goby paired with a red banded snapping shrimp, the most entertaining relationship for a nano reef. Otherwise I would get a smaller cardinalfish, such as a red spot cardinal (Apogon parvulus) in that case you could get 3 or so, and then a singular or paired pajama or bangaii cardinalfish. Also dartfish are very colorful, only get 1 if you do decide to.

OP
OP
Noah Hemingway

Noah Hemingway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t touch damsels due to aggression, especially because clownfish aren’t the nicest fish ever either. Clowns can get very territorial, my breeding pair would chase out my old 10+ inch hippo tang when he got near their home. Also royal grammas like their space, and with clownfish too I’d say it’s a risk for the royal. Chalk bass is a better idea IMO, and I don’t put puffers in reefs with inverts. If u have sand I would get a wheeler goby paired with a red banded snapping shrimp, the most entertaining relationship for a nano reef. Otherwise I would get a smaller cardinalfish, such as a red spot cardinal (Apogon parvulus) in that case you could get 3 or so, and then a singular or paired pajama or bangaii cardinalfish. Also dartfish are very colorful, only get 1 if you do decide to.
Thanks

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back